“Possibly the coolest thing I've ever done”

Aventuras Tierra Adentro, Inc.
More attraction details
Owner description: Aventuras chief objective is to provide all participants with a day of FUN through adventures that are both exciting and challenging. Rappelling, climbing, swimming, via ferratas, free-jumps, body rafting and exhilarating zip-lines all in one full invigorating day.NO experience is necessary. But words of advice...do not compare us with other adventure tour companies. You might fool yourself! Others can serve as warm-ups or slightly test you for the real thing. Ours is a hardcore adventure! This is for real! It is physically demanding and requires sharp and attentive participants. For safety reasons a fast pace is require. You will also be scrambling under and over boulders in blackness only aided by your headlamp and physical abilities. You will be trained and required to climb hundreds of feet and to make the safety clips on your own. You will have your life, literally, in your own hands. Your guides are trained and certified professionals and will assist and train you during your adventure; however, your safety ultimately rests with you. Your first step is to check the requirements to be able to participate. Please, DO NOT reserve if you cannot comply with every single one of them … seriously. However, if you think you are ready, you can go straight for a once in a lifetime Caving challenge which will guaranteed to reward you with an intoxicating adrenalin rush.Accept the Challenge!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Was looking for something a little more exciting than the typical tourist stuff and this did not disappoint. Nothing much original to add, all the other reviews are spot on. Rossano and staff is awesome. The best part is that the staff trains you up front so the group can make their own decisions. Most of the day my girlfriend and I were near the front of the pack moving at our own pace with no one guiding us, it really felt like we were exploring new things, not being carefully led. At every section I thought we're obviously not going that way, it's way too dangerous... and each time, that was the way we went. Advice - heed the warnings about being in shape and wearing the right gear.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

My boyfriend and I did this tour with Rossano and crew on February 9, 2013 and had an amazing time. The early wake up was difficult but well worth it! Make sure you get a full nights rest because otherwise you will be miserable! The crew was hilarious and very helpful but I must say that if you are looking for tour guides that are going to coddle you and help ease the anxiety you may feel from adventurous activities, this is NOT the tour for you! It is a very fast moving adventure with one crazy thing after the next (so fast, it is hard to process all you are doing). You must be able to set anxiety and fear aside and trust the tour guides in what they tell you to do, whether it be letting go of the rope during the repel or jumping into darkness. If you like adventures, DO IT! It is well worth the time and money and is an experience we will certainly never forget. Another suggestion I have is to bring hiking shoes (tennis shoes work but you will feel much more comfortable in very sturdy shoes).

1  Thank Lindsey D
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband, 16 year old son & I went on this wonderful adventure with Rossano & gang on February 2, 2013 and found it to be one of, if not the most thrilling, exciting, challenging, tiring & fabulous things we have ever done! It started with our 5:45 a.m. pick-up in San Juan with 2 other people along with Rossano & Annibel & an entertaining, yet informative trip down the freeway to our stop at the bakery for coffee/breakfast & pickup of 2 others, then to the cave! First the run over a rugged path down to the training area, then an entertaining and once again very informative training lesson on everything we could possibly need to know and more, plus equipment fittings & adjustments, etc., then off the 7 of us went with our 4 very capable & wonderful guides! We have zip lined and been in caves in many parts of North & Central America, but this was truly the icing on the cake as it was like nothing we have ever experienced before! The moment you attach yourself to the cables you are set for a once in a lifetime experience that you will never forget!
Ziplining, climbing, rapelling over the edge and then the entrance into the cave and the swimming, jumping, running through mud like quicksand, slipping, sliding and of course the scenery and having to remind yourself of exactly where it is you are at... mind blowing as I titled this! This is not for the faint of heart, one should also have pretty good stamina and agility as it is quite the challenge, but a unforgettable one! Good shoes with laces are a must as are clothing that is more water repellent than water-retaining!!! Just do it, don't question the price as it is worth every cent, top off your Bucket List & just do it!!!

1  Thank krsthom
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I went caving with Aventuras in December of 2011, but I've come back to write this review because it still stands as the best single day adventure I've experienced. To compare, in the last year I've been hiking, rafting, caving, canyoning and ice climbing around the world in places like Belize, New Zealand, and Iceland. This trip just tops them all!!

Aside from being a little over the top dramatic (which for some makes it a lot of fun) the guides are great. They know when to be hands-off and let those with abilities go ahead and don't have to wait for the whole group. They are super fun and knowledgeable and always aware of safety concerns. I mean, to have a guy watching the weather waiting to come racing into the cave for an evacuation shows some dedication.

The bottom line is, if you want some adventure and thrill, this is a must-do trip. It's almost too good because now everything I do across the globe just doesn't compare. I fully intend on going back one day.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

The gentlemen and lady that run this production are full of energy, fun, and loads of information. They are hilarious and playful and make waking up at 5am a lot more bearable. The scenery is out of this world. The water is a little cooler but not bad, definitely follow their directions on wearing synthetic material bc I wore a cotton t shirt and it wasn't awesome. I really have nothing bad to say. the bus ride was quick. Good bfast joint. Pleasant staff. Camuy caves, insane. Puerto Rico, I love you.