“Great location -- live like a local in Ocean Park!”
Review of Andalucia House

Andalucia House
Ranked #12 of 30 San Juan B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We have stayed here on two visits to Puerto Rico and love it! You'll feel like you're staying at a friend's quiet home in the lovely neighborhood of Ocean Park rather just another hotel guest in some high rise in congested Condado. The beach is just a few blocks away plus there's a great bakery and yoga studio nearby. I can't wait to go back. =)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank summer07Boston

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I had an overnight stay in San Juan on business and booked myself into the Andalucia. Right off the bat the owner helped me find a good, safe parking place for my oversized truck. I enjoyed my stay, all the amenities you need are here. Very comfortable, spotlessly clean room with high ceilings, the a/c wasn't necessary just the ceiling fan kept the room comfortable. A lovely central open air courtyard with a Jacuzzi, was very nice for an evening soak. Sadly, I did not have much time there as I was just on business. I heartily recommend the Andalucia and I'll definitely stay next time I'm in San Juan.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Portugee
Reviewed December 11, 2012

After spending five nights camping on Flamenco Beach, my boyfriend and I were very much looking forward to our three nights in San Juan at the Andalucia. We chose this place based on recommendations from his family, as well as its good reviews. Luckily, the Andalucia Guest House completely exceeded our expectations! The hosts were absolutely as gracious and welcoming as everyone says. The location is excellent, and we were also provided with a very helpful set of maps and a restaurant guide that the owners created. We used these a lot during our stay.

The deluxe room was very nice. It was at the top of the stairs on the second floor, and our window had a lovely view of the terrace. The bed was comfortable, the A/C very welcome, and a private bathroom and real shower were as incredible as you can imagine after five nights outdoors. We were content to just hang out in our room the first night, other than going down to the beautiful jacuzzi. The refrigerator in the open area was kept stocked with various drinks and snacks for $1 each, which was very welcome. Also, the bakery/deli across the street (Kasalta) is an absolute must-- we had breakfast there twice! Obama went there, too, and ate a great sandwich (Media Noche).

More fastidious or grouchy people might complain about the construction noise from the building to the left (facing front). Fortunately, we did not hear this until our third day (Monday), and it really wasn't bad-- especially when compared to the roosters on Culebra. :) I enjoyed every minute of our stay at the Andalucia. I wouldn't think of going anywhere else when I come back to San Juan.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank eldee3darling
Reviewed December 8, 2012

You are not going to find any place where the owners will treat you so well. Esteban, Emeo and Javier were very helpful. Anytime we had any needs they did anything possible to make us feel comfortable. It is the second time we stayed at Andalucia guest house and I highly recommend it, if you don't want to spend too much money and want to stay in a clean hospitable place.

Ricky and Kevin
Buffalo, NY

Room Tip: I put excellent for a swimming pool but actually is a jacuzzi.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ricardo A
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Spent three nights in the place, it`s an absolute gem for the price. Right next to beach, the amazing queen size beds, the excellent service both at booking the stay plus at the stay, no objections, I think you cannot do any better for this price anywhere else in San Juan. In fact, I think you can do worse for more money!!! There are beach towels, so you do not need to take your own, towels in each room and changed daily, and the best coconut shower gel in the shower. Plus there is a small place next to the guest house that serves Mexican food, looks bit of trashy, but it`s absolutely yummy!

And I do not know whether it is because of the rainy season, but the mosquitoes or bugs or whatever that is that tries to bite you will eat you all the time, so whenever you see any green plant, use the bug spray to keep them away from you.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Daeena
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I spent a night at Andalucia Guest House on a recent trip to Puerto Rico to visit family. I arrived at the guest house later in the evening as I'd driven from Mayaguez. The staff was very friendly and made us feel comfortable. The rooms were tastefully done and I appreciated the uniqueness of the rooms and the layout of the property. We got a chance to soak in the hot tub located in the courtyard area just before it closed for the evening.

The only caution I'd provide is to avoid trying to take a shower during peak times. We experienced cold showers the evening we checked in. Not the most exciting experience, but would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Frndlychat
Reviewed September 24, 2012

For our Puerto Rico trip, my wife split our time between a small, boutique hotel in Old San Juan and the Andalucia Guest House. I couldn’t have been happier with her choice. Andalucia was a really cute, quaint place, and Emeo was so friendly and helpful. It was only 2 blocks from the beach, and was surrounded by several great local eateries, including Kasalta Bakery where President Obama ate lunch on his visit to Puerto Rico. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple