“Del Personal”

San Juan Airport Hotel
Ranked #27 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed April 18, 2014

When you be there the customers Services are excellent, the Manager is funny, the only I so bad is are the rooms, are too small, don't have refrigerator, the only service into the room is a coffee machine but don't have water to put.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 18, 2014

We have been staying at the San Juan Airport hotel yearly for 30 years! We have to stay here on both our way down and back for vacation in the Caribbean. This hotel is so basic, and yes, it's convenient for a late night arrival and then an early morning departure. My complaint is that they have renovated the lobby, but the rooms are still dank, musty, poorly laid out, and FREEZING!!! I really wish they would address the guest rooms that need attention before the lobby! Now the lobby is really cool, but who cares?! My biggest complaint is the A/C. You can't really adjust it. Either it's on and freezing, or off. There's no in-between. The breakfast is basic but they do have warm hard boiled eggs, which is nice for some protein. The queen bed mattress is poor quality. This place is convenient, but I really hate staying here. Unfortunately, there's no other choice for this yearly trip.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We missed out plane back home. We were supplied with a brochure from a company called Airport Accommodations. They find you hotels at what they say are the best rates around.

They suggested to us The Doubletree. They said it was 5 minutes away and the rate was 139.00 per night. They also gave the the hotels phone #.

When I called them they said the hotel was 15 minutes from the airport and they did not have a bus to pick us up. We would have had to pay 17.00 for a cab each way.

We deceided to stay at this hotel. It was convienent and right on the airport grounds.

Very small rooms but decent. They have a complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2014

This hotel is only good for late arrivals or early departures.
No lobby since it's really part of the departure area.....the
hotel is physically part of the terminal. Room was basic
but adequate. Continental breakfast was included in the
price, located along the hallway of the sleeping rooms.
Did not hear any airplane noise. Arriving late we found
little available for eating.

The hotel entrance is actually in the departure area.....a
distance from picking up luggage. To find it....go upstairs
to departures and look across from the American Airlines
check-in area. l

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gypsytwo
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We stayed in a standard queen room for one night pre-cruise. After getting our luggage from baggage claim we had to ask directions to find the lobby as there are no signs. You need to go outside the lower level and walk up a ramp to the airport second level where you will see the hotel.

The room was clean, in good shape but dated and very small. It is not much bigger than a standard size cruise ship cabin. This makes walking around your luggage challenging. The room was very quiet at night. Breakfast was OK and the wife used the workout room.

The best part of the hotel is the inconvenience - just steps away to a taxi and on our way to the cruise port. For one night pre-cruise (if you are getting in later) it can not be beat. If you get in early I would not choose this hotel because you can not walk any where and the rooms are very small.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank willmann
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Like many other reviewers, we were in San Juan for a cruise vacation, and needed a place to stay between our getting off the cruise and boarding the plane home.
I searched for hotels in San Juan, and found the ones on on-line booking sites to be very limited, and over $200 US. We booked our room after leaving the cruise ship, and took a taxi to the airport. Being early, the hotel held our luggage so we could spend the day touring the city.
The rooms was very large, though rather plain. It does have a nice game room, and free internet. There are a variety of places to eat in the airport. We especially liked having the hotel in the airport, as we could wander through the airport, and did not need a shuttle to get to our terminal.
A few tips: Confirm the taxi rate with the driver before leaving, as ours charged above the posted rate upon arrival at our destination.
Their on-line booking is challenging-like you request a room on-line, and they email you to confirm the room and rate.
When flying out of San Juan, you need to have additional baggage screening, and the line can get long. You may want to do this early and avoid some rush before flight check-in.

Room Tip: WIFI was not so good on the 5th floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I choose this hotel because my family had a 3am arrival and a 4am departure, so I did not want to stay too far from the airport since we had little ones. I believe this hotel serve the purpose of being convenient if you have close to my situation (but for max 2 nights stay) or an overlay, and things of that sort. For me I would not choose this hotel again if I'm there for 3 nights or more like we were. I can tolerate 1-2 nights max, because the room was small, dull, dingy looking and just didn't have that "relaxed hotel" feel I typically get when in a hotel. Next time I would choose another hotel, maybe a beach hotel, or one where I can walk the strip if I like and not feel so coup up. I was grateful for the continental breakfast though.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family