“GREAT customer service”

San Juan Airport Hotel
Ranked #27 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We had a reservation and check in was easy. The airline lost our luggage so we weren't super happy but the friendly person at the receptionist desk really improved our mood. The new General Manager is AMAZING! He really takes ownership over the hotel and the quality of our stay. He personally went above and beyond to make our visit better since the airline lost our luggage. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel! I've stayed here 3 times (intentionally every time!) and it only gets better and better! You will not be disappointed staying here!

Room Tip: rooms on the second floor are on the same level as the great restaurant
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Rebecca A

Reviewed December 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed in this hotel in February, 2013. It was very nice having a place to stay as soon as we arrived. Some of the reviews for this hotel complain about dirty rooms, poor service, and rude workers--but I disagree. The rooms would not earn this location 5 stars, but then again, we did not expect that level of service. I think that if your expectations are to be treated as royalty, you might be disappointed. However, if you do not require high maintenance, extravagant amenities, and "hold-your-hand" customer service, this is a great option.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nick W
Reviewed December 6, 2013

This was out second visit to the airport hotel and while I cannot say that we were disappointed, I would say that it is still difficult to locate for those not familiar with the San Juan airport. There are signs directing visitors to the hotel, but given that the airport can be a little spread out and quiet when you arrive late, we seem to always struggle to locate it without asking for assistance. The rooms are basic, but they are always clean and the beds are comfortable. No complaints about the staff, and the breakfast is a nice touch. The only negatives that I would mention are the difficulty in locating the place, and the prices are high given the room size and quality. However, if you are arriving late, and don't want to deal with a cab into Condado, this isn't a bad place to try out.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Chris D
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We were stranded in San Juan and had to stay at an airport motel and glad it was this one.
Room was small but very clean and nice breakfast.
Hallway carpet needs re-doing- but don't think twice about staying here as it is right outside the US Air tix counter in airport.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TVHOST
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

We had 8 hour over nite layover and stayed here. Room was super clean, bed soft and everything super nice. Book a day in advance because we saw tons of people turned away because they were full. .... There are not beach front rooms and we didn't see hot tubs but we were too tired to explore. We will use this hotel again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thearox
Reviewed November 18, 2013

My husband was diagnosed with cancer so we went to the VA Hospital Puerto Rico for tests. We decided to stay over night at the Air Port Hotel so he could rest. I went to pay for the room the next morning and the check out clerk said my card was denied. I had to call my sister and have it put on her credit card so we could catch our flight home. While at the airport I called my bank and found out my card was charged 3 times, mu account was on hold for seven days. I called the clerk who was not friendly and told him the situation. He said there were no charges on my card because it did not go through. So I set waiting for a resolve to my issue penniless, can not even buy food or medicine with no apology. If you stay at the Hotel PAY CASH!

Room Tip: 4th floor rooms were very quiet
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Charles D
SanJuanAirportHotel, Manager at San Juan Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Hi Charles D,

My name is David. I'm the Manager for the Hotel. I'm sorry to hear this. We are always working our hardest to resolve issues as quickly as possible. I do not know why or understand how we charged you 3 times.

Are you sure you didn't get a hold on your credit card for the incidentals? And, did you book thru a third party website? If so, you can be mistaking a hold for a charge. Our Hotel requires a deposit/hold for incidentals in case anything is broken or stolen. That would be the only reason you could POSSIBLY see a second charge. 3 charges seems a little too much! I will look in to this ASAP.

By the way, I see this is your first review. I want to thank you for going the extra mile for letting our Hotel know your inconveniences. Like this, we can make sure, if this DID happen, we can do our best so that it doesn't occur again.

Also, I would like to inform you that we are one of the few Hotels in Puerto Rico that offer VA discounts. If there's another time you would want to stay with us, please ask about our VA/Military discounts.

Thanks,

David

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Got stuck here after a cancelled flight. Right in the SJU airport, so that was nice. Rooms small, but adequate. If you have a late flight in and early flight out it's fine. I certainly wouldn't advise to stay there on vacation. Bad breakfast if you are gluten free.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple