“Ok for an overnight stay”

San Juan Airport Hotel
Ranked #27 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed August 1, 2013

the SJAH is not the best hotel around but it isn't the worst either. Although located in the terminal precinct of San Juan Airport I can honestly say I did not hear an aircraft take off during thewtime we were there. Stopped here on the way to British Virgin Islands and needed to be at the airport early the next day to catch another flight onwards.
Reception looks a bit sleazy and I didn't have a good feeling about the place from that but I was pleasantly surprised when we got to our room. It was fine. The bed was comfortable, the room size average. The ensuite was tiny but acceptable for an overnight stay. Our room looked out over the terminal roof (not very appealing) but rooms on the other side of the building got a better view as did those on higher floors - still we weren't there for the view.
There is a bistro/bar which is open fairly late and which serves pretty good food at reasonable prices. The breakfast room gets crowded in the morning but the food is plentiful and acceptable quality.

All in all, I wouldn't pick the hotel for an extended stay but for people passing through it's not too bad. I would stay ther again in similar circumstances.

Room Tip: Go as high as you can if you want a view and ask for the side away from the terminal.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank SalvoSam
There are newer reviews for San Juan Airport Hotel

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We had our flight canceled early in the AM. So, after getting all of our bags organized, we proceeded to the taxi stand. I glanced to the side and saw the Hotel sign. I left my wife with the bags and walked over from the terminal (short walk). Good thing I walked over. The Hotel has been recently remodeled, so, the rooms were amazing, clean, and comfy. I must say, I was skeptic to read some of the reviews for this hotel, simply because people either love it or hate it. I would guess the fact that it's located at the airport, lots of people go to the Hotel already upset because they lost their flight. For what it's worth, I highly recommend this Hotel. They also have themselves advertised with many local media papers. Great place! And a special thank you to the front desk staff. They made our night very enjoyable. It's almost as if they are concierge as well...

3  Thank cairforce
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Arriving late into San Juan airport with an early morning flight, despite the mixed reviews, we decided to try the airport hotel. The receptionist was surly at check in & when we called from the room to ask how to turn the airconidtioning off (you can't & it is freezing). The room smelled musty.one bedside lamp had a broken switch, the other hadn't been plugged in which meant scrabbling about behind the nightstand. Light streams through the closed door. The mattress was the hardest we have ever tried to sleep on & the linens were cheap & rough. No sleep that night. Breakfast was okay but we were glad to check out & if in the same situation again we would take a taxi to a better hotel 10/15 minutes away at least we could get a few hours sleep.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank davidc2010
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Do NOT stay here unless you prefer mildew rugs, hard mattresses, poor desk clerk service, broken AC, watery oatmeal for breakfast and a broken coffee machine! The worst hotel I have ever stayed in!!!!!! I HAD to stay here due to my flight being cancelled, NIGHTMARE!!!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on the 5th of July. Our flight got into San Juan at 1:44 am, so to avoid getting a taxi in the middle of the night we opted to stay at the airport hotel. This was a great choice. Breakfast was included and the walk to the hotel was not bad at all. We arrived at Terminal A and had to walk to Terminal D. Not a far distance from one another at all. The staff was courteous and had our reservation ready for us. We checked in, in a matter of minutes.

The room was tiny, but it was clean. It was was quiet and most of all...it served its purpose.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Super quiet, clean well-decorated rooms with flatscreens, even a business center where you can print your boarding pass for free. My friend and I had an early flight and staying here made life a lot easier!!! A special thank you to Iris at the Front Desk and the two male staffers who were helpful with our bags. This hotel is clean, secure, and, a pleasure. I was expecting little, and left feeling so glad to discover this spot. It is literally IN the airport itself. Perfect!!!

1  Thank RedCarnationReady
Reviewed July 1, 2013

First off, the staff here are very friendly. I received a warm welcome upon check-in and the same reception on check-out. Very good front desk staff.

The room was fine; good air conditioning, adequately furnished and a comfy bed. The noise from the hallway was easily heard, but being at the end of the top floor, it was not too much of a problem. The wi-fi was horrible. Very slow and the connection was unstable. I had to switch between multiple access points to re-establish a connection. The coffee maker in the room stopped working after brewing one cup of coffee.

The room was overpriced for the condition of the hotel. However, you are paying for the convenience of being at the airport, so it is a trade-off. It was very nice to just make a 5 minute walk to the terminal for my 7am flight. If I had a short overnight layover here again, I would probably just stay at this hotel for the ease and convenience. However, if you have the time and/or flight schedule, get a room somewhere else. You will pay less and get a better room.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Holiday Inn Express San Juan Condado
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#31 of 47 in San Juan

Been to San Juan Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!