“Excellent restaurant”
Review of Yantar - CLOSED

Yantar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are having a guest MIchelin star winning chef cooking a special tasting menu during the dates of Feb 25th thru the 28th. Call for more information.
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Excellent resturant with really good service and the food is really good. The views are really nice, specially at night, good winw carte.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Positively surprised! Yantar means To Eat, in Asturias (northwestern province of Spain), and in Portugal. This is a spanish tapas bar, own by an Asturian. They have two menus; one personal, and one to share among several people. The dishes are exquisite, with a wide variety where to choose from. From small lamb burgers, to Octopus, galician style. ( What a feast). They have an extensive wine menu, and excellent bartenders. Service is excellent, and the prices could not be better. On Wednesdays they have Happy hour, two drinks for the price of one, until 9:00 PM. The place is nicely decorated, with very good taste paintings and sculptures. The glass blown chandelier in the bar is beautiful. I thought it was an original Chihuly, but it's not. From almost everywhere in the restaurant you will have an amazing view of the Condado Lagoon....beautiful. If you go early in the evening you won't need a reservation. Hope this will help you!

Reviewed July 16, 2014

While my stay in San Juan, my goal was to visit every restaurant in the top portion of the list. Yantar was ranked second or third, so I visited here expecting some great tapas. Overall, yeah food were not bad. Being tapas restaurant we ordered many small dishes, but I can't remember anything that was especially memorably tasty. I think this place is overrated for sure.

1  Thank Michael N
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Beautiful views and excellent food! My husband and I had the best dinner here during our stay in San Juan. The very attentive staff made sure that our dinner was perfect!

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Amazing view, 5 star service. Food was amazing. Make sure you to seat by the window, you won't regret. Valet parking available and the location is prime for tourists.