“The complete package”

Yantar
Ranked #20 of 1,014 Restaurants in San Juan
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are having a guest MIchelin star winning chef cooking a special tasting menu during the dates of Feb 25th thru the 28th. Call for more information.
“The complete package”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Recently I have been frequenting this restaurant, if mostly to share drinks at the bar and take in the view (which is indeed magnificent). Oscar & David are wonderful at tending it and always sharing their latest creation. I was rather happy just enjoying some of their tapas (the bonbons come to mind). The Tuna Tataky was perfect to start. It came with some sort of creamy buttery puree and they drizzled some piping hot ginger oil on top, right at the moment of service. I followed this with the Gazpacho that's finished table side with liquid nitrogen.

On to the main dish. I ordered the venison. Lovely gamey texture flavour. Something not ordinary and just what I would like to see more when I dine out. I am tired of everyone copying each others preparations or adapting a main stay. Suffice to say that the meat came housed in a glass dome where some fancy smoke had been encapsulated. Lifting that dome released that smoke and definitely got my salivary glands working overtime before the first bite.

In the end it was a very exciting experience. Price was about what I had expected to pay for such dinner (I have travelled about and fancy myself a foodie). Will definitely come back, maybe for their tasting menu...

San Juan, Puerto Rico
“One of the best meals I've had!”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

The food is delicious, the restaurant and bar are gorgeous and the service is superb!
The fresh scallop ceviche appetizer is to die for, it makes your mouth water with the explosion of different flavors!
As a main dish I had a salmon, which was perfectly cooked to perfection. I have to say it was probably the best salmon I have ever had. (I haven't stopped thinking about it ever since!) LOL

And now for the dessert ...
The arroz con leche left me SPEACHLESS

This place l is definitely worth it! ENJOY

P.S. My boyfriend ordered meat and he said it was delicious too!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank claudiaferrer87
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excelent Choice for Fine Dining”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

wonderful dining experience,
great ambiance & excelent service! two thumbs up!!
bring some oysters please!! :D

Great Neck, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“for the gourmet”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

very elegant food, professional service, delicious. we were looking for a wonderful meal after checking into a not so wonderful hotel. found it here.

San Juan, Puerto Rico
“The View and the food compete to reign supreme”
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

At Yantar, in San Juan's fashionable Condado Area and in Ashford Ave, eyefuls of Great vistas from the Condado Lagoon and cloud-grazing buildings and the lush refuge of its surroundings draw locals, tourists, and fun loving people. We went to Yantar this past wednesday and saw a beautiful restaurant that provides a great tapas menu, an interesting tasting menu, great selection of entrees that can please just about anyone.
We saw their wine list which is good and plentiful with lots of good wines and at prices that are within reach.
The Tapas and appetizers were very good we had the sea bass croquettes and Chistorras meatballs (chistorras is a very tasty spanish sausage) and both were very good.
We ordered the main courses a filet mignon and a venison both were
Good and cooked to perfection.
The service was very good with the Maitre'D and our waiter being on top of every detail.
To sum it up Yantar has the potential to become the new star in Puerto Rico our only comment is that the prices of the main course are $37 to $39 per course and to us that is the only downside to an otherwise great experience.