“We had so much fun!!!”

and up
Walking Tour of Old San Juan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: ACROSS CARIBE offers ADVENTURE TOURS around Puerto Rico! From going off the beaten path in El Yunque Rainforest to explore the ancient history of the island. We are specialised in Nature, Culture and Marine Tours!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Reviewed March 22, 2018 via mobile

"ceviche"
"wonderful trip"
"his knowledge"
in 4 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 5 reviews
"an amazing experience"

Reviewed March 19, 2018

Reviewed March 13, 2018

Reviewed February 25, 2018

On Feb 17, 2018 I participated in this photo workshop. I had signed up for it a week in advance. I was going to be in San Juan for business and had one personal day. I am an experienced nature photographer but need to work on my urban photography. A couple of days after registering I got a follow up text from Across Caribe to confirm and they gave me the heads up that I was the only client so far but they needed two as a minimum. They offered me to join a different tour if needed. However, as I exchanged texts with them we came up wit the plan for me to buy a second slot if necessary to have a "private" tour. This was what happened at the end and I am very happy I did it this way.
My guide Anton was on time at the meeting location and we clicked right away. He was very prepared to coach beginner and intermediate photographers. I asked him to go over everything in Spanish with me since I usually only talk about photography in English. He had selected some great locations in Old San Juan. For each he suggested a couple of techniques to work on, we had practice time, and then reviewed before moving to the next location. His goal was for me to get one nice shot from each location. I just reviewed my images in the computer and did my final edits. I am very pleased with what I was able to get that morning and what I learned from him.
Anton and ended up the morning in La Perla and he treated me to an "alcapurria", a very tasty local snack. I bought a couple of cold beers and we had a great time sharing photographs and stories about our travels and photo interests. I highly recommend to anybody, beginner or experienced photographers, to take this photo workshop. After a few hours rest at my hotel, I went back to Old San Juan by myself to take late afternoon and night shots. I visited the same locations and a few more Anton had suggested. It was a great day thanks to him.

1  Thank pgarciae