“Amazing day!”

Salsa Dance Class in San Juan
Ranked #39 of 121 Outdoor Activities in San Juan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: ACROSS CARIBE offers ADVENTURE TOURS around Puerto Rico! From going off the beaten path in El Yunque Rainforest to explore the ancient history of the island. We are specialised in Nature, Culture, Marine Tours and Workshops!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed March 19, 2018

"wonderful trip"

Reviewed March 13, 2018

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed February 25, 2018

On Feb 17, 2018 I participated in this photo workshop. I had signed up for it a week in advance. I was going to be in San Juan for business and had one personal day. I am an experienced nature photographer but need to work on my urban photography. A couple of days after registering I got a follow up text from Across Caribe to confirm and they gave me the heads up that I was the only client so far but they needed two as a minimum. They offered me to join a different tour if needed. However, as I exchanged texts with them we came up wit the plan for me to buy a second slot if necessary to have a "private" tour. This was what happened at the end and I am very happy I did it this way.
My guide Anton was on time at the meeting location and we clicked right away. He was very prepared to coach beginner and intermediate photographers. I asked him to go over everything in Spanish with me since I usually only talk about photography in English. He had selected some great locations in Old San Juan. For each he suggested a couple of techniques to work on, we had practice time, and then reviewed before moving to the next location. His goal was for me to get one nice shot from each location. I just reviewed my images in the computer and did my final edits. I am very pleased with what I was able to get that morning and what I learned from him.
Anton and ended up the morning in La Perla and he treated me to an "alcapurria", a very tasty local snack. I bought a couple of cold beers and we had a great time sharing photographs and stories about our travels and photo interests. I highly recommend to anybody, beginner or experienced photographers, to take this photo workshop. After a few hours rest at my hotel, I went back to Old San Juan by myself to take late afternoon and night shots. I visited the same locations and a few more Anton had suggested. It was a great day thanks to him.

Date of experience: February 2018
1  Thank pgarciae
Reviewed February 10, 2018 via mobile

See more reviews
Reviewed August 21, 2017

Everything we did was awesome! From the fresh fruit washed, cut, and served in fresh natural waters to hiking up montainous trails ending in beautiful waterfalls was breathtaking. 100% would recommend. Our tour guide, Manual, definitely made the experience for us as well. He is very knowledgeable and a true adventurer. Included everyone in all of the activities and insured we were having fun. The best tour guide ever.

Date of experience: August 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction