“Best time ever!!!”

and up
Small-Group El Yunque Rainforest Day Trip from San Juan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: ACROSS CARIBE offers ADVENTURE TOURS around Puerto Rico and HOLIDAY RENTAL in San Juan! *SURF CAMPS - SURF SAFARIS - SURF LESSONS> By professional surfer Sahid Perez *SNORKEL TOURS> May through October *SUP CLASS> Condado Lake, San Juan *EL YUNQUE RAINFOREST> Swim in amazing waterfalls *EL YUNQUE DEEP IN THE FOREST> Off the Beaten Path with lots of adventure *CAVES> Explore the ancient Window Cave and the Ocean Cave del Indio *HOLIDAY RENTAL SAN JUAN> A Unique House called Casa Aventura. Fits groups up to 12 people. Central located in Condado, with everything you need on walking distance of 10 minutes or less!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Burlington, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best time ever!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

This attraction should be rated in the top ten. Cindy and Sahid are two of the best people you'll ever meet and will give you an insider look to the real PR in a far less touristy way. Anything you want to explore on the island - they can take you and give you more of a local experience than any of the big tour vendors. They also have an adorable guest house with about 6 bedrooms that they rent out. I'm not sure if they have a website yet but just email and they'll get back to you right away. I very highly recommend!!!! Oh, and they're not so bad on the eyes either!! Lol

Visited January 2014
5 Thank Clh1718

Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“great surf lessons and excursion to the rainforest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

My partner and I arranged surf lessons with Sahid while vacationing in San Juan. I first communicated with Sahid through email and he was was quick to respond to my questions and was willing to offer travel advice even if we didn't do his tours. When we set up the surf lessons he offered we also combine the Yunque Forest tour too since we'd be out that way anyways. He offered us a discount for combining two tours so we agreed to do both.
He picked us up in his van with Cindy, his partner and another tourist who was joining us for the rain forest. Our surf lessons were great. Cindy worked with me and Sahid worked with my boyfriend, then toward the end they switched so we experienced both instructors. I never got to a full standing position, but my boyfriend did, but in my defense I was using the harder board since it was shorter. Surfing is very hard so don't expect to be close to good your first try. Sahid has been surfing for years so we were learning from a pro. Our lesson was about 3 hours, with a few breaks taken to rest our bodies.
Afterwards we went for lunch in Luquillo. They took us to this strip of restaurants that offered Puerto Rican food, the best was the fresh oysters, a must try. Don't be afraid of the lack of presentation.
After lunch we headed to Yunque to a waterfall trail. It was a short hike. The waterfall was really powerful because of all the rain and the water was a bit cold too on the day we went. We crossed over the waterfall which was a little scary for me since I had trouble finding a stone to step on through all the water, but Cindy saved the day and helped me cross.
The whole experience for us was great. It was nice being led around by someone who has lived in PR for 6 years. Sahid took time to tell us the history about PR and give us facts here and there. He is truly a kind person with a wonderful spirit. Cindy is also gracious and added comic relief many times. Going on a tour with them was like hanging out with newly made friends.

Visited June 2013