“Indian Taste”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 20, 2014

This place is very nice. The food is very unique and if you dont like the spices they would do something about it. The variety of breads are woderfull.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

My partner and I have eaten here twice while staying in Santurce. She doesn't usually care for Indian food, but it's so well done here, *she* suggests coming here. We've had the calamari, and the cranberry chutney makes it unique. For our latest meal, I had the lamb with coconut. The lamb was tender and the coconut gave it an interesting texture. The basmati rice was done to perfection. My better half had the chicken tikka; it was was very flavorful, and came with a delicious side of yucca (we think....) Instead of wine or beer, our server suggested fruit juices. The mango lassi was not overly sweetened, and we think there was a whisper of cinnamon in it. It's the best I've ever had. My guanabana was also tasty.

If there is room, try to get a seat on the small but pretty patio in the back. It allows you to look into the restaurant which is beautifully done. There are huge murals on walls inside and outside.

Our server this year was so fun and friendly! He also helped us put together a gift certificate for a friend--they don't have them in a formal way, but he made it happen.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Real Indian Taste not very spicy and good service they wii put spices as you ordered the Cheif seems to be very Professional.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

They served us water immediately upon seating us and it was laced with ginger and lemon which I found interesting.Our waiter was friendly and soft spoken.I pay a lot of attention to ambiance in a restaurant and I really liked the way this place was set up.As you come into the place there is a large open window with a view into the kitchen and it is spotless.The tables are made of different colored marble slates with bistro style benches against the wall covered in magenta velvet.Silk scarves in rich colors are casually draped in different areas.Their is a huge mural on one of the walls of Ganesh, the god who removes all obstacles.The bar is really inviting,lots of flowers and candles everywhere.In the bathroom they made clever use out of natural wood lattice work with fake flowers of every color imaginable yet somehow they managed to make something that had the potential to be tacky look magical and it smelled good.The courtyard is really appealing with tropical plants and carved wood love seats and pillows.The music was excellent.
We ordered hummus which was good but the pita was soaked in olive oil and a bit on the soggy side instead of soft and crispy only at the outer edges.We had soft shell crab,smashed pea turnovers,and lamb curry.The turnovers were the most memorable thing we tried.I would go back to try some other things on the menu because I liked the ambiance but they need to step up their game and make the food as interesting as the rest of the place and they will have a winning combo.

Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

The place was empty but the bar tender was full of life. We had great apps and ordered a main... Apps were terrific drinks great! Dinner sent back and if we had time we would have sent it back again. Pricey !
Great service, lovely atmosphere and worth the trip.,,