“WOW,DELICIOUS,OUTSTANDING” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of 1919 Restaurant

1919 Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 980 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Calle Aguadilla
Description: Global flavors. Locally-rooted. World-class cuisine ~ that truly knows its place. At 1919, we are passionately committed to offering up the freshest organic and local ingredients for each and every dish we create. We believe in sourcing all our menu components with social consciousness and always at the pinnacle of good taste. We place the highest value on hand-selecting products that are local, artisanal, and homemade in order to craft food that is truly flavor-forward ~ served up fresh and with a contemporary flair ~ from our kitchen to your table. Subdued elegance in a space generous enough for conviviality, yet private enough to provoke intimate conversation. Visitors to our dining salon will attest: The only onlooker here is the ocean. In The Year 1919 The Condado Vanderbilt Hotel was built by the legendary Vanderbilt family under the direction of renowned architect Whitney Warren whose other landmark designs include Grand Central Terminal
nj
“WOW,DELICIOUS,OUTSTANDING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Celebrated my 50th, had the tasting menu WOW, food was spectacular as well as the service. The wife loved the cushion for her bag! What an idea. Highly recommend and I will return next trip to San Juan.

Visited October 2013

san juan, puerto rico
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

This is a treat from the moment you enter the property. The new and not fully opened Vanderbilt Hotel is pure luxury. The lobby retains the elegant double staircase that hosted many sweet sexteens, weddings and anniversaries in padt ages. The lobby has been opened up to allow a complete ocean view.! Amazing! A yes, 1919...good food, good service, Great view! Not cheap but a dining experience. ..what you expect from a 5 star property.

Marion
“Wow, just beautiful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

This 5 course meal was one I will not be likely to forget. From the minute you walk in the doors of the Vanderbilt the experience begins. We met friends and family there and has the most relaxing, enjoyable meal I can remember having in a while. The risotto was amazing, we talked about it for a week!

Visited September 2013
Vestavia Hills, Alabama
“In a word: Spectacular!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

We celebrated our 30th anniversary at 1919 and were wowed beyond expectations. Upon entering the Vanderbilt our evening unfolded beautifully. The cuisine was superior in every aspect. My wife and I both had the prefix menu and there were no disappointments. Every course amazed us with flavor and presentation. The local organic ingredients were a huge bonus. From the octopus to the molten chocolate in phyllo, there was never a let down. Highly recommend, wish there was a 6 star rating!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Barton F
Piscataway, New Jersey
“A foodie must!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

From the moment we arrived at the Vanderbilt, we were treated like royalty. The views in the lobby are breathtaking, and they continue on into the dining room. We were offered champagne as soon as we were seated, but instead chose a cocktail from the bar, mojitos to be exact, which were hands down the best mojitos ever. Our server, Louis, was so warm and genuine, and offered the best selections. My husband and I both did the tasting menu. He had the hamachi fluke crudo (that he refused to share), the herb pasta with shrimp and the waygu beef, with the cheese plate to finish. I had the calabaza salad (so fresh), the risotto and the cod (which had such a buttery delicious flavor I almost got a piece of bread to clean the bowl with) and finished with the lemon bar. Superb. Jorge, the semmolier, was on his game! I had the wine pairing with my meal, and my pairing selections were so good, my husband wound up ordering glasses of what I had. All in all, this was an absolutely amazing dining experience and worth every penny. We will come back the next time we visit PR!

• Visited August 2013