“Excellent Brunch”

Ranked #23 of 1,100 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: We are one of three Ben & Jerry's Cafe Galeria locations in the world. We are located on the beach, providing a dining with a view experience. Great place for families with children, as there is a big park in front. Open everyday, serving breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner and dessert! Local Coffee, Fresh Orange Juice, Artisanal menu items, Fair trade Ice Cream, and many homemade goodies. We have food, It's Yummy!
Reviewed February 19, 2013

The food was excellent and great atmosphere, we loved the beachfront view. I highly recommend this establishment.

Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

The LAST place I would have thought of for brunch/lunch food...but it's GREAT! The Surfer-Guy Manager and the wonderfully helpful and cheery staff seem to LOVE working here. It's a delightful place and it's right on the beach nect to the "La Concha" Hotel. We all know the ice cream/sorbets are delicious by it's the friendly staff that sets a superb tone from the moment you walk in the door.

1  Thank GringaGrrrl
Reviewed February 13, 2013

So let's start with the obvious. Any Ben & Jerry's flavor inside a warm, fresh waffle cone is bound to be sheer ecstasy! Now, couple that with a deck area that's literally steps from the beach and you will really feel like you're in Heaven...especially when home means the grey and icy streets of New York City. Needless to say I am quite happy to be in sunny Puerto Rico. Back home I frequent the Danny Meyer hotspots. For those who are unfamiliar he is arguably the King of 5 star American service. People get degrees in his teachings on hospitality. So, something I noticed about this BJ's but also about Puertoricans in general, was their natural inclination to be kind and helpful. Meyer would classify this as the 51%. In his mind a person should be hired not for their ability to stack dishes, serve cocktails or any of the other skills needed to work in service. No, a person should be hired upon their ability to create a warm atmosphere where the guest can feel at ease knowing that they are in good hands. Meyer hires people under the assumption that they already have the raw materials that can't be taught and then it's up to management to thoroughly teach the rest. My impression is that the Puerto Rican people seem to have this disposition naturally. This is GOLD! However, all privileges and skills must be honed. This brings me back to Ben & Jerry's. The service I received was warm and hospitable. The brunch I ate was very tasty (eggs were fluffy) and OJ was fresh and sweet. In short it seems to me that the BJ team is taking a page or two from Meyer's techniques and I for one, definitely approve! If I were a native islander (oh how I wish!) I would definitely be a regular here. As I understand there are several of these gems. Awesome!!

benandjerryspr, Owner at Ben & Jerry's Condado, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Hello HenOfTheWoods96! Mikhail Baryshnikov once said, "The essence of all art is to have pleasure giving pleasure." I think the same can be said of the service industry. Thank you for the review & for introducing me to something new... Danny Meyer & USHGNYC is definitely a new resource! Hope to see you on your next visit to San Juan!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Discoverd Ben & Jerry's had a breakfast and lunch menu, in addition to the fantastic ice creams
What a pleasant surprise. We tried their Angus Beef hamburger (delicious) and also the chicken/pesto ciabata sandwich. Loved it. My favourite ice cream is the New York Chocolate.
To die for. We came back the next day for more - the food was that good. Great Service too.
Hats off to Michelle and Celi. Keep up the good work. We recommend your restaurant without hesitation to be a great place for breakfast or lunch (or both).
See you next time. Virginia and Colette from Montreal, Quebec.

Virginia & Colette! Thank you so much for the lovely review! It was a pleasure meeting you both and I'm glad we were able to chat a bit! I love the adventurous and life loving spirit the two of you shared with us! We definitely hope to see you next time you're in San Juan! Thank you!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Although I live in New Jersey now, I grew up in the ‘burbs of San Juan and often go to the island to visit family and friends. One of my required stops during every trip is any one of the Ben & Jerry’s cafés, be it for a healthy lunch with one of my old girlfriends, or a decadent waffle cone full of “coffee buzz buzz” while strolling the cobblestone streets of Old San Juan. During my last visit, I had the great fortune to go for dinner at the newest Ben & Jerry’s, located in Ventanas al Mar, a beautiful spot in Condado. It was one of those clear, sunny, impeccably blue Caribbean days, & when we arrived my friend said: “You’re in for a treat, it's Jazz Fest Sunday!" So we spent the evening listening to the waves dancing to the beat of the enthralling music, and eating fresh, custom-made-to-order, delicious food - I had my favorite veggie burger on a whole grain bun, my friend a scrumptious salad with every imaginable veggie & topped with deliciously marinated chicken, grilled to perfection. To make the experience even more magical was the friendly, energetic staff who made every effort to accommodate all of us very hungry customers as efficiently as possible, without sacrificing the quality of the food …. and yes, there was the decadent waffle cone full of coffee buzz buzz! Lola, Short Hills, NJ

Hola Lola K! Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Big thanks for mentioning the healthy side of Ben & Jerry's in Puerto Rico! Not only do we have food, we have a lot of healthy options too, like the veggie burger & salads. Everything is made to order & many items are homemade (all of our waffles, hot fudge, chocolate chip cookies) & locally sourced (espresso, bread, guava marmalade, banana ketchup) to name a few! We offer a diverse menu, to appeal to many palettes & moods! Hope to see you on your next trip to San Juan!