“Good seafood with local atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Cueva Del Mar

La Cueva Del Mar
Ranked #37 of 991 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Bar, Seafood, Spanish, Soups, Puerto Rican
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
“Good seafood with local atmosphere”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

This is a family owned local restaurant with four locations. We visited this spot between Condado and Isla Verde. It has a local feel...nothing fancy but solid and good. They have an English and Spanish menu...so ask for English if you want it.

We ate here at lunch - not too crowded but busy. Service was just ok...asked 4 times for water and finally got it....not really a problem just the waitress we had. But all food was very tasty. I had a fish sandwich - which was good and fresh. My son had shrimp which were good...with fresh cut fries. I had the conch salad appetizer - really nice. The Signature rice dish was excellent...toasty on top as it as cooked in a skillet before serving.

Most were locals on the day we came in this location.

We want to come back again...and may visit the Old San Juan location next. The menu is fairly extensive and also includes chicken, pork and beef. Good kids menu if you care about that.

Valet parking at this location makes it easy to get in and out of if driving.

We liked it and will be back. Not your upscale experience...but great local feel with great seafood to boot. I would recommend.

“Wonderful food”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Cueva del Mar is a little difficult to find on Loiza Street in Santurce, but don't give up. you'll be glad you went there. The food is great and the prices reasonable. I had the fish sandwich. It is big enough for two. My wife had a rice with seafood dish (I forgot the name) which is a lot like a paella, and it was outstanding. The only reason I gave a 4 instead of 5 is that the place is noisy and difficult to have a conversation. Even that though isn't too bad once you get used to it. Go. Go. Go. Give it a chance.

• Visited July 2014
“Yummy Fish Tacos”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I am a big fan of the breaded Fish tacos. So I went to this restaurant and ordered the fish tacos, the amazing thing is that you can order them separately for only $3 each or four tacos for $10.95. The flavor was amazing, they got a spicy mayo dressing mixed up in a cabbage salad, which they put in on top of the breaded tacos and also you can squeeze a fresh lemon to make them perfect. Great Flavors and good service. Definitely will come back for more tacos!

• Visited July 2014
Miami, Florida
“How I love to eat, lol”
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I want to eat everything we saw so we decided to do appetizers which were delicious. We had croquetta de morcilla and apparently one of there specialties which was arenas preparada with meat of seafood. I got the conch/octupus and my hubby got it with a pulled beef I think. Delicious! Place inside not very clean but nice sitting area outside. We had eaten in due to rain. Would probably do again.

Visited July 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“MUST VISIT BEST SEAFOOD IN PR”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

This place is the one place you should go if you are trying to get fresh seafood in PR. La Cueva doesn't take reservation, so expect to wait for 10-20 minutes, longer on weekend. Bottomline: Freshest seafood in PR. Must get Fish Tacos and Whole Fried Red Snapper. We came back for Fish Tacos at least four times after our first visit. Incredible.

Visited July 2014