“3rd time and it was so good than the first time.”
Review of La Cueva Del Mar

La Cueva Del Mar
Ranked #34 of 1,025 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Rincon, Puerto Rico
“3rd time and it was so good than the first time.”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Since I don't live at San Juan and I was near I took my father for dinner so he can try the restaurant. Since the restaurant is getting popular in San Juan because of the prices is was pack for a Saturday 5PM afternoon, so we wait a little bit longer than usual and the people keep arriving. For me it was ok, having a cheap local bear and wait, for our food. But when the food arrived it was so fresh and great. My Father order a grouper the one he selected from the display (showcase) they have for the seafood \. I order a shrimp soup (Asopao) at the end I was so full, that I wasn't able to breath, so the portions are great for the price. I will come back and recommend this restaurant.

1 Thank Akaninakai

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Miami
“Super Fresh Seafood”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

This was some of the freshest fish we had on our visit to san juan!! Great food and bette service!! We will be back for sure!!

“really fresh fish”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Everything you eat is so fresh you can't belive, fish is not "fishy" at all. I loved the restaurant in Loiza street, but now I whent to their new restaurant in Old San Juan and it is really good. Our server was Ana and she pointed out all the really good choices. She even show us the red snapers so we could choose the size we wanted .The quality of the food was excelent.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Delicious”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Recommended by our taxi driver, this place did not disappoint. Perfectly cooked conch, octopus and squid. Best meal of the trip.

Visited March 2014
“Absolutely the best! ”
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

I try to make it in at least once a week! Get the crema de yautia, its so good you'll wish it would never end. Every plate I've had thus far has been nothing short of incredible. I plan on working through the entire menu. The bar has a few single malts too, which is hard to find in "local" restaurants. Definitely my favorite restaurant in San Juan.