“Great food. Poor communication.”
Review of Blonda

Blonda
Ranked #105 of 1,014 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Argentinean
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Blonda is a new culinary concept that combines a Unique Brunch and Mediterranean menu, gourmet Mexican recipes and a touch of the Puertorrican cuisine.
Miami, Florida
“Great food. Poor communication.”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Found this great place thanks to my trusty Yelp app. It was really close to the hotel so this was a perfect place for a Saturday brunch.

We were seated immediately at a corner table by the window. Don't expect a view cause there isn't one...just all the parked cars out front. There was a couple sitting next to us that were having issues with their order. Apparently he ordered an omelette with fries but the fries were presented under the omelette and he wanted the fries on the side. The waiter (same waiter I had) took his plate back to the kitchen and had them fix it. Well, they brought him back the exact same thing...omelette with fries under it. The customer was beyond annoyed. I didn't think anything of it and placed my order anyway.

I ordered the raspberry mimosa (a MUST here!) and the smoked salmon eggs benedict. My boyfriend ordered the Blonda Special (comes with pancakes, french toast, home potatoes, and eggs Benedict) and a side order of yuca mofongo. He doesn't like poached eggs so he asked that his egg be fried in his eggs benedict instead of poached and no hollandaise sauce. Well, I received my order exactly how I ordered it. My boyfriends order was a little different. They brought out 2 fried eggs, instead of the eggs benefit. We told them that was a mistake and they took it back to the kitchen and fixed it. Only problem was that they added the sauce anyway. Ugh.

The food was absolutely delicious. I tried the French toast and it was to die for. The yuca mofongo was a little too garlicky but still very very good. There seems to be a major miscommunication between the waiters and the kitchen. I was sitting there almost 2 hours and every single table around me sent food back at one point. I definitely recommend this place but I would make it a point to ask the waiter to read your order back to you and make sure over and over that he understood

Visited August 2014

• Finnish first
Puerto Rico
“Great Brunch”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

The food was excellent, menu is huge and good prices . This place get's really pack and the service wasn't the best. Anyway I will come back because the food it's amazing

• Visited August 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
“Get the BLONDA BREAKFAST!”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

The waitress was friendly and provided great suggestions on what to order. I really liked the spinach egg benedict. I did covet my friend's Blonda breakfast. She felt bad and let me get a taste, which was heavenly. The prices are pretty reasonable.

P.S. The restaurant has wifi so feel free to ask...they'll give you the password to you!

Visited July 2014
Lake Grove, New York
“So glad we went for breakfast!”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

ABSOLUTELY worth eating there. I had the Blonda breakfast special and it was plenty of excellent food. Their french toast is FAN TAS TIC! That alone, was worth going for. However, for $17 you get that, potatoes, a large pancake (their syrup is infused with vanilla... yum!), bacon, and an eggs benedict. The coffee is strong and when I asked for milk, it came warm and frothy. The side of tomatos was also very good... fresh basil was added. Parking is tough, but they have free valet. Excellent service. If we lived here, we'd go back for sure. Since we'll be coming back in a few months, we'll definitely go again.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank KnightOfNiiii
Tucson, Arizona
“Had Sunday breakfast that was an event in itself.”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We arrived and were seated quickly, even though it was very busy.
Our breakfast was so tasty and the different flavored Champagne was an added bonus. I had the Hijolie Omelet that was served like an art piece. I will return here.

Visited March 2014