“Nothing Beats Fishing after Work”

Puerto Rico Magic Tarpon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We Provide Light Tackle Fishing Charters for Tarpon and Snook in San Jose Lagoon. This Lagoon has been named num 14 best place of the world for Tarpon Fishing. We have been on business over 10 years and we are Endorse by the Puerto Rico Tourist Company. We provide you with: Puerto Rico Fishing License, Water and Sodas, all the Tackle and Bait. We guarantee that you will not get seasick and is great for all family members. We are located next to the International Airport and only 10 to 15 minutes from the mayors hotel of the metro area. If you have a large group don't you worry we have 4 boats and we can take up to 15 person.
Sarasota, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Nothing Beats Fishing after Work”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I was in the island for a business trip, so after a long day I decided to call Magic Tarpon (2nd time fishing with them). Immediately they scheduled me for a 4hr trip in the evening that stretched a bit (5-~10ish pm). What a trip! Captain David was just coming back from another trip and without even a break he offloaded the other party and we boarded. We had an outstanding night with 14 strikes that included many jumps and bows to the king, with some being too big and fast to reel them before they made it into the mangroves (fisherman's fault), in the end we landed 4 hefty, and challenging tarpons. Great way to spend and evening in San Juan, PR. Worth to note that it is the tropics and you are standing on a boat so you can't run from the mosquitos but they are still obedient to bug repellant.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank fernando2fish

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“First Silver King! Everything I wanted and More!!”
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Magic Tarpon PR is a first class outfitting/ guide service. The concierge at my hotel put my in touch with Armando, who helped me arrange my trip. I fished with Captain Randy, who speaks perfect English and Spanish. The morning started out a little slow, by mid morning we had several strikes but hadn't hooked up. Then a 50lb beauty jumped majestically out of the water as it felt the sting of the hook. The fight was on, it was an adrenaline soaked 25-30 minutes of pure fishing bliss. We fished for a few more hours, then decided to head in. On the trip back to Cangrejos Marina we came upon some rolling tarpon and decided to give it one more shot. Sure enough, we hooked up with a nice 15lb tarpon to end the day. Not only did Randy and Magic tarpon put me on fish, they were extremely courteous and professional. I highly recommend this outfit to anyone looking to slay some Silvers while in PR.

Visited October 2012
Azulpescador, General Manager at Puerto Rico Magic Tarpon, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thanks, Hope to see you soon.
“Great time!!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I ended up taking 2 trips in July with Magic Tarpon. Both trips were great. The guides are professional and knowledgeable. They have good quality gear and the proper equipment to catch large fish. Great value for the cost. I fish 175-200 times a year. Both freshwater and saltwater. With and without guides. I strongly recommend Magic Tarpon if you are able to fish in Puerto Rico.

Chicago, Illinois
“Tarpon w/ kids”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

5 star guides and experience - no better Tarpon fishing in the world I have fished Florida , Mexico, Costa Rica - nothing beats Puerto Rico

Chicago, Illinois
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Worth the money with the right Guide”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

On this fishing trip, the Guide (Randy) made al the difference. Kept moving around and stayed later than scheduled to make sure that we caught something. Was not overbearing and friendly. Good with kids, did not seem to get annoyed. Made the experience fun, despite only catching 2 fish.
Got the family interested in fishing, next time deep sea fishing.