Olive Boutique Hotel
$300
$229
Very Good 4/5
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrooftop barmediterranean suitesage restaurantrestoration hardwarepartial lagoon viewpuerto ricoprivate terracehoneymoon suiteglass showerwelcome drinkgreat boutiquebeautiful hotelcondado lagoonold san juanrooms are smallsister hotelwanda
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The first thing I noticed... Amazing customer service!!! The staff was amazing. BUt once you look around... You get lost in the character and beauty of the hotel. It was beautiful... Only complant.
The bar isnt stoked with a great deal of liquors or beers. But I wll stay there every chance I get!!!
ONE OF THE BEST PERIOD!!!!! Please visit atleast once

Room Tip: Any room will be amazing. The showers in this place.... out of this word
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
OHYEAHCorp, Guest Relations Manager at Olive Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review. I am delighted to read you had a good stay and you found the facility well appointed. I'm also grateful for your recommendation concerning our liquor collection. We'll surely take it into consideration. We look forward welcoming you again soon!

Kind Regards,
Josh Ortolazza and the entire team at O:live Boutique Hotel.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Great: lovely staff, very helpful. Beautiful hotel. Comfortable bed and pillows. Quiet.Close to the beach. Good coffee.

We had a room where the toilet was in a frosted glass cubicle, but I understand a lot of them are see-through. That would have been a deal-breaker for us. No thanks.

Not great: The shower! It's beautiful, nice big enclosure, lots of showerheads; we were excited to try it out. However, the first day we couldn't get hot water. When we asked the staff, they didn't actually check our shower but told us they ran the water in the adjacent room (which was on the same line), and there was hot water. Sorry! Problem not solved. It turned out that the knob was finicky on our shower-- we had to fiddle with it to get hot water. There was one "magic spot" that usually worked. Even then the temperature would fluctuate wildly without us touching the knob. When we mentioned it to the staff, they thanked us for letting them know, but that was it.

Also not great:Housekeeping was inconsistent.Sometimes we had plenty of towels, but not always. At one point we had 4 mats on the floor (which was great, because the floor was not clean) but the next day they were gone. They took away the partial- but still good- bar of soap but did not replace it. At reception they said they'd run out of bar soap.

Also not great: breakfast. Grocery store bagels, stale bread. Sometimes there was fruit, sometimes not. Also, for milk for the coffee it was necessary to track down the hostess so she could get it from behind the bar. Orange juice was bottled, and not even the good kind. I've had a much better breakfast at the Holiday Inn.

Also not great, but not sure whose fault this is: we booked our stay through an online agent, which did not make it apparent that this hotel is not kid-friendly. I saw good reviews on this site, price was right, so we booked it. Once I did a more thorough search and saw it wasn't really appropriate for a kid (we have a 1-year-old) I tried to cancel but would have had to pay $150 even though we had made the reservation less than an hour prior. However, I contacted the hotel and they were gracious and did not give us a hard time about the baby-- actually all the staff cooed over him and gave him lots of attention.

And I know a lot of people like the robes but I thought the fabric felt awful. And parking is kind of a hassle. And the pool is just for decoration-- it looked dirty, full of sand, and tiny.

We were on the 2nd floor in the off-season, so it was quiet. But to get to the rooftop bar, patrons must walk past the doors of the 3rd floor rooms, so I imagine it must get VERY loud on a weekend night.

So all in all-- it's ok. But not great. It wants to be great. It could be great. But it isn't.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with frosted glass toilet cubicle rather than clear. I wouldn't stay on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank doctorzeeod

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback survey recently. We were disappointed to learn that we failed to meet your expectations in certain aspects of your recent stay with us and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Regarding the rooms, as our web-site states in the accommodations section, they're not at all for the "shy" and "timid". We have two different bathroom designs: the sensual see-through crystal box shower and the open bathroom layout. We're happy you were satisfied with your selection!

All of our rooms are equipped with hot water and a sophisticated ultra spa shower that many of our guests love! We sincerely apologize for our staff's delay in showing you the correct position of the shower's knob for the hot water. We have shared your feedback with our Front Desk Staff to assure this situation is not repeated.

Your feedback, whilst critical, is nonetheless greatly appreciated, as it is only through such feedback that we are able to address issues otherwise overlooked. We look forward to welcoming you back to the O:live Boutique Hotel the next time you are in San Juan.

Best Regards,
Josh Ortolazza and the entire O:live Boutique Hotel team.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Incredible ambiance, above and beyond service. Olive defines luxurious travelers. It's a small cozy property unlike anything i had seen before, the rooms are amazing but not for the faint of heart. If you are use to a big chain hotel... You are not deserving of such a gem of a place, its all about the details and the use of the space. The service cannot be compared like I said unlike anything you had seen before karina, josh and Shirley are really sweet and attentive. Overall I didn't want to leave and will recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Chris_traveler56,

Thank you for your generous review . I'm delighted you have enjoyed your stay and found our location convenient. I'm even more delighted that you have recognized the efforts that our staff makes on a daily basis!

We sincerely appreciate your recognition and recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best Regards,
Josh Ortolazza and the entire staff at O:live Boutique Hotel.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Olive was our romantic getaway. First impressions are a must and everyone from the valet to the housekeepers cares for your needs. The hotel has a great view of the Condado lagoon and the ambiance of the Mediterranean is in every inch of the place. The thing that makes olive even more amazing is the staff and how they make sure every detail of your stay is perfect. Karina always remembered my name, my room key and how I like my coffee. Maria would always say hello in the morning and asked if our room was up to our standards.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Steph8790,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of your recent romantic getaway stay.

I am thrilled that you found the staff to be obliging during your time with us. They all pride themselves on ensuring that all of our guests’ wants and needs are met so they never have to lift a finger whilst at the hotel.

We are all delighted that we are now your San Juan hotel of choice for a romantic getaway and we look forward to welcoming you back soon !

With warmest wishes,
Josh Ortolazza and the entire staff.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Wow! where do I start!?
Its a hidden gem amongst the luxurious streets in condado. Olive is a small boutique hotel who caters to you in a personal way. The staff was very kind and always available Karina, Josh, Shirley and Raul where of great assistance. The restaurant was full every night, if you dont want to be in a crowded room you can have room service (our case). the hotel is full of romance given that the property has a photography collection taken by the owners in different romantic settings. The rooftop is an oasis, william the bartender was always attentive. In general the olive is everything a small luxury hotel should be and even more.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Wing N,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of your recent stay with us!

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and were well looked after from the moment you arrived. Having an ice-cold drink at the Rooftop overlooking the Condado Lagoon is definitely one of life’s little pleasures. Thank you very much for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back before too long.

With warm regards,
Josh Ortolazza and the entire staff at O:live Boutique Hotel.