“A hidden gem”

Olive Boutique Hotel
Ranked #5 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The hotel is in the condado area right next to the best shops and restaurant. The staff is as great as all of the tripadvisor mentions specially Karina is truly an amazing human beings. The only down on our stay was the incredible amounts of rain. The hotel is very buisy in the evenings but a great place to relax around the day. We will recommend them to our friends with eyes closed.

• Stayed May 2013
OHYEAHCorp, Guest Relations Manager at Olive Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for this review! it was a pleasure having you here and hope that you come back some day... hopefully with better weather. Regardless, I hope that our staff helped in making your time in PR memorable.

See you soon!
Teichka

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Dc
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I, unfortunately, did not get to experience this hotel in person but I surprised my friend who was staying there for her birthday with champagne and macaroons in the room. Karina, from the front desk, helped me set the whole thing up and was SO helpful and prompt in our communications. She went above and beyond to make sure that my friend had a phenomenal experience and I can't appreciate her enough! She even sent me a photo of how the room looked! Thanks Karina and Olive Hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
OHYEAHCorp, Guest Relations Manager at Olive Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. Our employees love to give personal attention to our guests and will do anything in their power to help make of your experiences in O:live a memorable one. Even when you are just trying to surprise a friend we will make sure we do everything in our power to create exquisite memories.

We hope we get a chance to surprise you in person in the near future!
World Wide
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This boutique hotel was a real treasure find. Located one block from the hustle and bustle of Ashford Street, the location is within walking distance to food, entertainment, and the beach. Upon entering the lobby, you know you're in for a real treat. The amazing attention to detail makes for a unique experience, but what really puts the cherry on top is the service. Karina and Maria went above and beyond their duties to make us feel welcomed and comfortable. They are very personable and good at what they do. They know how to make guests happy and go out of their way to show they care about your experience. For example, Karina knew we were headed out for a long day out at Vieques and offered us water bottles for the ride. She also brought up a sweater we left behind at breakfast at put it in the room while we were gone. Maria offered to move our luggage from one room to the other for us and always greeted us with a friendly smile and energy, even in the wee hours of the night.

There were issues with our first room (leaking faucet, ripped sheets, shower hot water confusion) but we were quickly accommodated with a new room. The breakfast is cold but plentiful. The dining room and rooftop take you back nonna's kitchen and patio on the Mediterranean. Free, secure parking was a plus for our rental car.

We would highly recommend this hotel and suggest you book the Mediterranean Suite over the Olive Style suite. While they both have cool designs and layouts, the Olive Style suite has a very open bathroom, and the fan automatically turns on with the light, which makes the room very loud. Plus, there is one small window with bad views onto neighboring buildings and the room was very dark.

Be informed, there is a $45 daily hotel fee that is not advertised on their website. It covers the cold breakfast, valet parking, sweet tea in the lobby, and turndown service. So I guess essentially you are paying extra for the services.

Room Tip: Only worth staying if you get the Mediterranean Suite. Be aware of the unadvertised $45 daily stay f...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HabbyTravels
Dear guest!

Thank you for you review and for recognizing the excellent service of our staff. As a Boutique Hotel it is very important for us that our employees provide very welcoming and personal attention to our guests and I am glad that since check-n were were able to provide this service.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience with your room and I can assure you that measures were already taken in order for these inconveniences to never happen again. I am also very sorry that you did not see the fees and taxes information. Every hotel charges their daily fee and tourism taxes. These fees are advised in every page were you can reserve for the hotel but we will take look and see if there is a way to make it clearer for the future.

Once again thank you very much for your visit! Hope to see you again soon,
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed May 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed one night at the O:live Boutique Hotel after a week cruise out of San Juan. We arrived at the hotel very early, 10am and the front office manager and staff couldn't have been nicer, getting us coffee and ice tea and checking on our room. We were in our room in about an hour and started relaxing right away. I went up to check on the roof top lounge while my husband napped. The roof top lounge, and really the overall style/decor of the hotel, is at once unique and comfortable. Cool semiprivate cabanas, tapas and drinks among a infinity edge pool/spa. A restaurant is on site, but we only had continental breakfast. Breakfast was good; muffins/fruit/yogurt. Great coffee.

We walked around the Condado area in the afternoon, came back for wine and tapas on the roof. Simply spectacular view and really relaxing. Shout out to Nathan and Joe. Nathan talked up the island and different activities available around the hotel and the island. We went to the room ready for a good night sleep, but unfortunately the hotel emergency generator was next to our room. I didn't sleep at all, my husband finally fell asleep around 3am. I can't blame the hotel, I was happy to have air conditioning, but it was loud.

We checked out the next morning to head home and I mentioned it to the front desk staff. The young woman apologized, which was fine with us; stuff happens, not their fault. We didn't think more of it and we headed home. Nice place, just bad timing on our part.

However, we get home and the owner has already emailed us and then called us to apologize and offer compensation. She was very apologetic, and offered to compensate us for 50% of the room cost. My husband and I were really impressed with this level of service. We wouldn't hesitate to stay at the O:Live again and I have recommended it to friends already.

One more nice touch, the manager came up to the roof top pool with ice tea while we were swimming . Just lovely.

Room Tip: I would say rooms on the right side of the hotel....
1 Thank BellaGirl47
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Olive and for writing this review. It is always a pleasure for us to treat our guests as part of the family and I am glad we were able to make you feel at home. I'm glad that even with such a short stay you could enjoy the Rooftop. It is a beautiful, relaxing space with a unique view.

Our owners take very seriously the experiences that our guests have while in the hotel and therefore when things go wrong (even when it is out of our control) they try to contact guests personally and do whatever's possible to make it up. Thank you for being so understanding with regards to this matter.

I hope we can see you again soon,
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Staff is very nice, the rooms are the true showstoppers. When you walk in, there is a crystal box shower completely see through from the bed. A true informality in a luxurious spread. It is not a family hotel, its a couples and solo male property. Breakfast is good with lots of choices, most of the products you could find them in walmart. The rooftop bar is amazing, the most romantic sunset you will see in the area. Its mostly a one employee show in the hotel but the staff is just amazing they defenetly did a great job picking their employees. Carina, cruzmarie and maria did great in helping us out, my stay wouldnt have been the same without them.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Nomirx
OHYEAHCorp, Guest Relations Manager at Olive Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear Guest!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to write a review. As a Boutique Hotel inspired in the Mediterranean our rooms and common areas are designed with that old world touch that makes it very cozy and romantic. Of course the Rooftop is the perfect area to be at sunset so I'm glad you took advantage of it!

Thank you as well for taking the time to recognize the staff. Because (same as the hotel) our staff is not huge we make customer service the number one priority and I'm grateful that it shows.

Do not forget to visit us on your next trip to the island!

illinois
Reviewed April 27, 2013

What a wonderful experience we had. From the time we arrived till the time we left we were treated like family and were made to feel at home. Karina was amazing I hope they realize what a great employee they have. The cold breakfast was good and offered plenty to satisfy us. The rooms are small but very nice. Our room had no view at all so we enjoyed sitting on the roof top terrace drinking wine while enjoying the views from there. Parking was complimentary which was a huge plus. Plenty of restaurants within walking distance. Nice beaches within walking distance. We would like to thank the entire staff for making us feel so welcome and helping us have such a wonderful visit.

Room Tip: If views are important to you, make sure the room you book has one.
1 Thank nut4cars
Dear Guest! Thank you so much for your visit and for taking the time to write the review! Making you feel at home is our number one priority! I know I speak for the entire staff when I say that we are all grateful that you chose to stay with us and allow us the opportunity to make you a part of our family and story. I believe it is important for our guests to not only enjoy the hotel, but to get to know the island and all of the beautiful places Puerto Rico has, therefore we give the complementary valet so you can feel free to come in and out during the day and explore the island without limits!

I also want to thank you for recognizing our staff. Karina is the front desk assistant manager and works hard in creating unforgettable experiences for all of our guests.

Hope to see you back soon,
Seaside, Oregon
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We just had the most amazing experience at Olive! They have great staff who are very attentive and friendly, Karina will make you feel at home from the momment you walk in! Check in is very fast in a very old world style amazing space. They have Sweet tea in the lobby that we just couldnt get enough of! When we went to our room we had a partial lagoon view and a very interesting layout, we had a crystal box shower in the middle of our room... Just what we needed for our ROMANTIC getaway... The rooftop bar is amazing you just feel like you walked in to an italian villa. Most of the time that we were there we didnt get to see a bartender in the daytime, but karina was always around to help us out. Overall we will most highly recommend the olive to anyone who wants a cool, relaxing and romantic experience. We truly are grateful for the time we spent in the hotel, bust mostly we are grateful for feeling at home there, a true new feeling for us who are constant travelers.

Room Tip: Relax and enjoy the pampering
1 Thank MBTraveler_13
OHYEAHCorp, Guest Relations Manager at Olive Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your review. Our staff is always glad to make our guests feel right at home and pampered during their stay. The hotel is inspired in a romantic getaway in the Mediterranean and all the architecture and decoration follows that pattern. I'm glad you enjoyed our romantic rooms, especially the shower! We are blessed with an exquisite view of the Lagoon and love to share it in the Rooftop with all of the guests.

As you mention in you review, maintaining a relaxing, romantic environment is one of our priorities and I am glad you enjoyed it.

I hope to see you soon!