“Paris getaway in Puerto Rico”

Olive Boutique Hotel
Ranked #4 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Amazing property staff are well oriented. Satyed with my husband and it has been the best vacation I have ever had, prices are a little bit high but it's totally worth it, the rooftop is charming, owner did a great job. I agree coffee is great in the morning, and staff always acknowledged us while we were there. Thank you

• Stayed: November 2012
OHYEAHCorp, Owner at Olive Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

Hello! Thank you for your great review. It is completely gratifying to read that one of our guest had the best vacation ever at O:live. Morning coffee is from Nespresso coffee machine, we are glad you enjoyed it. Our place was designed with the Mediterranean flair in mind so all of our guests feel the same way that you are describing. From all the staff here at O:live, we would like to thank you for taking the time to tell other fellow travelers about your experience.

Come and visit us soon, this is your home!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

very overpriced almost seemed like a stage prop for a play. The welcome card encouraged guest to let them know if any missing amenities ( toothpaste, toothbrush, razors & such) & they would bring them to room. When I realized I had forgotten razor & toothbrush I called the front desk which did not answer & when I went to ask for a forgotten items I was directed to nearest convenience store. THe hotel appeared to be staffed by 1 person. I was happy when I found a closet near my room to retrieve missing toilet paper & towels! the room itself looks good but not functional. I was trapped in the bathroom due to a door not properly hung & luckily my husband returned after having to retrieve the coffee that was never delivered. I explained that the bathroom door was not working & had gotten trapped we got a thanks for letting the know & a nice smile.

Room Tip: Contact Hotel Convento
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Jwmorris
OHYEAHCorp, Owner at Olive Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

Dear Guest:
Thank you for sharing your experience, we take criticism very constructively and do act upon it. We reviewed your stay and talked to all the front desk agent who gave you service in order to provide an explanation. Let me start by assuring you that O:live is far more than just looks. We are great fans of aesthetics because who would want to see a nice lobby, a nicely decorated room and a beautiful property? But also understand that this is just part of the experience, the other part is having guests feel comfortable and at home.

Your room was equipped with 6 towels (2 large, 2 mediums, 2 small). We took your comments into consideration and are on our way to adding additional towels to the amenities. The closet in the hallway does have extra everything but the front desk clerk can always assist you in providing them.

I apologize if the front desk did not pick up right away, he did mentioned that he was assisting your husband in getting coffee at the Nespresso machine. He also took note of the door fixture for the maintenance staff to review and fix. The problem was fix right away, we apologize for the inconvenience.

Regarding your comments about the amount of people staffed, you arrived on a Sunday, we did have one front desk agent at all times and 1 housekeeper. There was also a bartender at the rooftop. The restaurant O:liva is closed on Sunday so maybe you did not see the rest of our employees. I also want to clarify that we are not a huge hotel with 3-4 front desk agents, that's not who we are. However; I do feel that you deserved a better experience from us. Please write to me to lherger@oliveboutiquehotel.com if you are ever planning to visit Puerto Rico again.

Loisse Herger

Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

- Staff just don't care - they should start with the basics ... Dry breakfast pastries, cold coffee.
Dirty shower and very small rooms its all smoke and mirrors people.

This review as been taken down once before someone must be "connected"

• Stayed: December 2012
16  Thank OMG-Kiwi
OHYEAHCorp, Owner at Olive Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2012

Dear Sir:

This is our first "bad review" since we opened in May 2012. All of us at O:live sincerely care about our guests and are deeply concerned about your experience, specially because there were no reports or complaints.

We had the number #1 position of our 45 hotels in San Juan and out of the sudden we receive your review. This is the reason why your previous review was taken out, Tripadvisor found it false when we reported having no one with your vague and dramatic description staying here. They gave you another opportunity to make a new review and to explain your experience to us and to other fellow travelers. So to say that we have special "connections" to the Tripadvisor management just demonstrate how unfair and malicious your review was. FYI, Tripadvisor just have a button that says "report review", this is our connection.

Going to the details....we have the Nespresso machine for all our guests, this coffee is self service so I really don't understand why the coffee was cold. It is made instantly. I don't really understand your "were all smoke and mirrors people" feedback. Yes, some rooms are smaller, we call them petite chambers for a reason but they are lovely and intimate.

If you are really a guests please write me to my personal email lherger@oliveboutiquehotel.com and clearly explain.

Thank you.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed at Olive Boutique Hotel for one night prior to moving to the St Regis Bahia Beach Resort for four days. Highly recommend this property. The decor throughout the property was well-conceived and presented, with a Mediterranean theme. We love Italy, Spain, France and Africa, so tailor made for us. Service was sensational, particularly from John at the front desk. The new rooftop lounge is beautiful, with great decor, fantastic music mix, comfortable mini-rooms and a bartender. We had dinner in the restaurant as well, and it was also very good, with the kitchen staff closely watching for our feedback on their work. Only one negative, the wifi did not work on the roof when we were there.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TMWTWC
OliveExperience, Public Relations Manager at Olive Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2014

Thank you so much for this great review! It makes us very happy when guests stay for a short period and end up wanting top come back! The feel and concept of the hotel was designed so delicately, so that every guest felt like they were on vacation in different parts of the world. Actually, we just won America's and World's Best Inspired Boutique Hotel, which validates all the hard work put into every single detail and area of our boutique property. We would like to thank you once again for this great review and hope to have you back at O:Live in the near future!

Astrid Emmanuelli
Brand Manager
O:Live Boutique Hotel

Reviewed November 24, 2012

we had a grate time it is one of the best boutique hotels in the world. if you like small hotels with a unique service this is the place to stay .it has a Mediterranean resturant it is very nice and food was very good . the top roof pool is something you have to see. the owner is the designer of the hotel and he did a grate job.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sabaa H
OHYEAHCorp, Owner at Olive Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Thank you for your amazing review! We are more than glad that your romantic getaway was memorable in O:live Boutique Hotel and that your dinning experience at O:liva was exquisite.

Our staff has one clear goal: to surpass our guests' expectations with attention to detail. Your review motivates us to continue working hard, so thank you. We hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Authentic, unique, perfect place to stay and enjoy a romantic dinner! It is beautiful, very clean, nice deco, excellent food. I love to celebrate my second anniversary in this authentic boutique hotel. The customer service was great. I recommend this place for sure.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
OHYEAHCorp, Owner at Olive Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Hello Helga! Thank you for sharing your amazing review with other fellow travellers. As Puerto Ricans we feel very proud of our boutique hotel, the description of your experience gets us going and makes us want to do better everyday. We are happy to have you as a friend. You are always welcome, this is your home.
Loisse Herger

Reviewed November 21, 2012

My only regret about staying at O:live is that I didn't do it until my last night in San Juan! What an exquisite experience. Loisse and Fernando are both wonderfully warm and passionate. You feel like guests in their stunning home, rather than a hotel. Manager Edgardo and the rest of the staff are the utmost professionals, while remaining friendly and inviting.

The just-opened rooftop club is gorgeous, with a striking view of the lagoon and a pool that looks too beautiful to swim in (but I did anyway!) Rooms are lush and cozy, with luxurious, glass-enclosed showers. And chef Nicolas's creations at OIivia restaurant are not to be missed!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Hello Andrew! It was a real pleasure to meet you on the Rooftop Opening weekend. We really enjoyed the conversation and your company! Thank you for all the positive comments about our staff, they sure go the extra mile to make our friends feel at home. If you got the feeling that you were in our home rather than in a hotel, is because we really felt that you were a friend rather than a guest. Visit us soon and bring more friends!