“Best Hotel Restaurant”

Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Ashford Ave
Description: Inspired in the trilogy of the Mediterranean diet (bread, wine and olive oil), O:liva is the mastered by the recognized chef Nicolas Gomez. The executive chef has created a menu that unites flavors, recipes and experiences from towns in the Mediterranean border such as Spain, France, Italy and Morocco. Olive Oil, known as the nectar of the Mediterranean, plays one of the main characters in the scene together with rich traditions and diverse landscapes. O:liva is presented as an art form that, like wine, has multiple varieties, flavors and its own trade secrets.
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I visited the Olive Boutique Hotel and I have to say this restaurant deserves a review. The food is just amazing. The mix of flavors of the salmon with lentils with guava and roasted garlic was just genius. The meatball with truffle cheese was one of the best plates I've ever had (i am a big foodie).

I would recommend this chef to be featured in the Food and Wine best new chefs (if i was in charge of that :)

Ambiance is fanstactic, terrific job at decorating.

Will be back!

1  Thank Ian K
There are newer reviews for Oliva Dieta Mediterranea

Reviewed February 1, 2014

5 star cuisine in the Olive Boutique Hotel, two thumbs up for the chef!

the service was also fantastic and the ambiance very romantic

Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

We love small intimate places and this restaurant is just that. Food was very good as was the service.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

We had a wonderful meal here - my boyfriend had the filet mignon, I had the short rib - and both were very generous portions, cooked perfectly. It's not cheap, but the food is excellent, and way better than anything else we tried in San Juan. Tip - try to eat on the roof, gorgeous setting!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I went with my family to celebrate New Year ’s Eve. This hotel-boutique is very chick, small, cozy, intimate and beautifully decorated. We made a reservation for a party of 6. The waiter assigned to our table was very polite, new the menu very well, but he was in a hurry for us to leave the table as soon as possible. It was like after every course you didn’t have the time to relax and enjoy a little bit. The food was delicious but a tad cold which it was kind of disappointed. After dessert we went to the rooftop, the view was really good, and exactly what we looking for, have fun but in a small and controlled environment. The only thing that I disliked a lot was that when I made the reservation I asked specifically if there were going to be any kind of music or opportunity to dance because I was with my daughter and her husband and other young people, and I was told that a DJ was going to be performing but only lounge music was been played. I loved the hotel but because I felt pushed to finish my meal; my comment is that they should treat the locals as the treat tourists because at the end we also make business with them by staying, eating and promoting this place.