“O:live Restaurant”

Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Ashford Ave
Description: Inspired in the trilogy of the Mediterranean diet (bread, wine and olive oil), O:liva is the mastered by the recognized chef Nicolas Gomez. The executive chef has created a menu that unites flavors, recipes and experiences from towns in the Mediterranean border such as Spain, France, Italy and Morocco. Olive Oil, known as the nectar of the Mediterranean, plays one of the main characters in the scene together with rich traditions and diverse landscapes. O:liva is presented as an art form that, like wine, has multiple varieties, flavors and its own trade secrets.
Reviewed October 26, 2012

small and extraordinary restaurant found in the O:live hotel - best meal I had in San Juan.
First night I had the Salmon, amazing dish. The caprese salad was a total surprise - it was FRIED and delicious.

OHYEAHCorp, Owner at Oliva Dieta Mediterranea, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Thank you Anthony! Wow, best meal in San Juan it is an outstanding review! By the way, I also love the fried caprese salad. See you soon

Loisse Herger

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I just had a only VIP Customer Cocktail and it was a total success, great service, unique decoration, drinks food, Everything just perfect!

Alberto Villarrubia
[--]

Reviewed September 9, 2012

My husband and I love fine dining. I was looking for a nice place to take him for his birthday and this was absolutely perfect. It is completely new, very nice ambiance and excellent service. Food was amazing. It is a small cozy restaurant, perfect for a date, a romantic dinner or hang out with friends.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

We visited O:liva last night (Saturday) during their prime time dinner hour. The place was packed with two large parties, one of over 20 people, and all 4 smaller tables were full as well. We were immediately struck by the lovely decor, and the welcoming staff. We had to wait a few minutes for our table, but we didn't mind at all because it gave us a chance to take in the space, which is quaint, romantic, and definitely gives a sense of the Mediterranean.

We started our meal with their homemade bread with olive oil, which was spectacular, and set the stage for a delicious meal. We ordered the meatballs and squid appetizers, followed by the gnocchi and the lamb with couscous. Everything was sublime, delicious, and perfectly executed.

I didn't order dessert because I was too full, but I wish I had tried the chocolate cake. Also, I asked the waiter to bring me a non-fruity white wine, and he delivered to perfection. The wine was great, the service attentive, and we had a wonderful experience. Will definitely return and add to our date night rotation!

OHYEAHCorp, Owner at Oliva Dieta Mediterranea, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Yes, indeed! Thank you for your wonderful comments, I will let the staff know. It is important for us that even if we had a busy night, we still delivered on our values: extraordinary service, unique ambiance and magnificent food.

I am sure we will see you soon!

Loisse Herger

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Beatifull place, great location.
Service was impecable ! Miurca at the hostess stand was very helpful during the reservation process.
Francheska, our bartender was very attentive.
Our waiter Francisco was very knowledgeable of the menu and knew when to come to the table and when to give us some time to relax and enjoy the dinner.
Definitely will recommend this place to others and certainly we will be back !