“Looking to stay here again”

Hotel Plaza De Armas Old San Juan
Ranked #28 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Apache Junction, Arizona, United States
“Looking to stay here again”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My sister and I have stayed here twice. We loved it both times. It has since changed ownership and from reading the recent reviews it seems that it is still a great place to stay. It is in the perfect location for all things Old San Juan, and we highly recommend it. The elevator is (was) always an interesting ride. You can easily walk to historic sites, shopping and eating places. We have always felt safe here also. We plan to stay here again in the spring. I had to select a date for this review, it is not correct in the year, there was not another option, but both visits were in April.

Room Tip: We always choose a room with a balcony, there are only the tiny ones on the 2nd & 3rd floors, bu...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Great location - very nice hotel. Friendly service - clean rooms. I highly recommend for others to stay here. I will if I'm lucky enough to return to San Juan in the future. Walking distance to the forts and surprisingly quiet given it's central location in Old San Juan

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank Jill W
Stoneham, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed July 22, 2013

If you are looking for a grand hotel you are not looking at the right place. This hotel is very clean and friendly. The best advantage of this hotel is it's location. Once you are there no need for taxi because everything is at walking distance. I would go there again anytime.

Maracay, Venezuela
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We selected this place to have a late day and night in Old San Juan and it was exactly what we got. Walking distance to the Cathedral, Paseo del Morro, very good restaurants. But also a very nice lobby with a full WiFi service and a comfortable and nice room to have a great rest.

No parking available at the hotel. We could park near it in authorized spaces in the street but a kind front desk attendant recommended to park in La Puntilla parking lot that is just 4 or 5 blocks from the hotel. Very cheap (4 or 5 bucks from 7PM to 7AM) so a very good option.

In overall a nice experience for our first evening in Old San Juan. Recommended.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The hotel has a perfect location in Old San Juan. You're close to everything, so there's no need to rent a car. The room we had was small, but suitable for the two of us. It has no windows, but the AC was working perfectly. The staff is super friendly and helpful. They recommended some good places which we tried. Also, we got some coupons and a map to help us get around in the city. We stayed 5 nights, which was perfect to explore the city and see some beautiful sights of Puerto Rico. I would recommend this hotel to everyone who's traveling to San Juan!

Room Tip: For people who are in good shape: get a higher floor room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Road Town, null, British Virgin Islands
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I only stayed for one night in Hotel Plaza De Armas and found it to be perfect for my short time in Old San Juan. On arrival the lady receptionist was very nice and recommended some places to visit. I was alone so the location right in the heart of town was perfect. The room was small yet having so many things to do in town it was perfect for a place to rest my head. After travelling 29 hours, I could be biased in saying it was the best bed I have ever slept in...I went to a local bar, the oldest bar in Old San Juan called El Batay which like much of the town has amazing character and full of interesting people. I met an awesome Puerto Rican man there and fell in love. I appreciate the fact that the rooms are of moderate size and my room had no windows. This is what led me to get some night air and meet the man of my dreams! I would highly recommend the Hotel Plassa De Armas for those who like to get out and see the beauty of the place they are visiting night and day. It is as central as you can get with a very clean, friendly, interesting feel about the place. Sure the elevator is slow yet unique and there is no activity in the hotel yet who needs hotel activity when you are in Old San Juan!! The streets are alive. Thanks for making this year so much better that the rest!!

Room Tip: If you are on your own (and plan on staying on your own for the night) want to spend time out in the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Miami, Florida
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This place is located right in the heart of Old San Juan! There were unlimited places to explore, all within walking distance. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful. They provided with coupons for area restaurants and a map to find my way around the city. The rooms were small and the elevator was antique, but I found it charming!

1 Thank Diane B