Some other reviews for this property state how the front desk staff are fantastic. I agree that the employees are extremely helpful fixing many little things such as: providing towels and blankets when the maid forgot to stock the room; offering batteries for the AC romote; calling the satelite TV provider when the TV didn't; providing ice when none of the ice machines worked. The staff had to do all of the above for us. Unfortunately they were unable to fix the broken elevator, we were going on a cruise and had to take our luggage up four flights of stairs. There was a wedding or festival of some type the Saturday night we stayed at this property. Until almost 3:30 in the morning drunken guest were returning to their rooms and slamming doors. The next morning when we went to shower there was no hot water. We went to make coffee, there was a coffee maker but no coffee, cups, creamer or sugar. The staff said they didn't have supplies for the coffee and claimed the hot water was fine, even though 2 other guests were complaining about the hot water when we were. Also each time we had an issue we had to walk down 4 flights of stairs since there are no room phones. At check out when we reviewed all of the problems with the lady at the firont desk, the manager walked away from the front desk and went info his office and when we asked for him, he refused to come out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Hotel Plaza De Armas, located in the colonial district of San Juan, Puerto Rico. Hotel Plaza De Armas is for travelers looking to be in the center of Old San Juan. Hotel Plaza de Armas is a delightfully captivating colonial style hotel in the heart of picturesque Old San Juan, a city as rich in history as it is in culture. The colonial building features its unique and renowned antique elevator true to its history. In every direction you can find world-class shopping, dining and entertainment. Our completely unique location highlights spectacular views of the Plaza De Armas and puts you mere cobblestones away from 16th century Spanish fortresses, fascinating museums and art galleries. The modest standard rooms are windowless, excellent for a good night sleep. Suites overlook the city hall and Plaza de Armas. Hotel Plaza De Armas also offers high-speed Internet access in all common areas of the property. Even though everything is at walking distance, we have a trolley stop right outside our door and a taxi line across from the hotel .We look forward to your stay at Hotel Plaza De Armas! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Plaza De Armas Old San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Plaza De Armas
- Howard Johnson San Juan
- Howard Johnson Old San Juan
- San Juan Howard Johnson