This old hotel is European in style: Small rooms and baths, with just-average amenities. The location could not be better, on a shady plaza in Old San Juan, convenient to historic sites and many restaurants. But the location also means lots of early morning noise from trucks and / or construction equipment outside. We upgraded to a king room with a balcony but that meant a room at the front, where the noise may have been worse -- and the louvered balcony doors were locked and the louvers permanently closed. The rate didn't include breakfast, because there was no food service. Neither was there any coffee in the room to go with the coffee maker. The front desk suggested that Walgreens, across the plaza, sold coffee. The ice machine on the second floor was broken, with no sign until it cranked away and produced no ice (It's available by asking at the front desk). We will make plans further ahead next time so we can find something better in a charming part of a lovely city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Hotel Plaza De Armas, located in the colonial district of San Juan, Puerto Rico. Hotel Plaza De Armas is for travelers looking to be in the center of Old San Juan. Hotel Plaza de Armas is a delightfully captivating colonial style hotel in the heart of picturesque Old San Juan, a city as rich in history as it is in culture. The colonial building features its unique and renowned antique elevator true to its history. In every direction you can find world-class shopping, dining and entertainment. Our completely unique location highlights spectacular views of the Plaza De Armas and puts you mere cobblestones away from 16th century Spanish fortresses, fascinating museums and art galleries. The modest standard rooms are windowless, excellent for a good night sleep. Suites overlook the city hall and Plaza de Armas. Hotel Plaza De Armas also offers high-speed Internet access in all common areas of the property. Even though everything is at walking distance, we have a trolley stop right outside our door and a taxi line across from the hotel .We look forward to your stay at Hotel Plaza De Armas! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Hotel Plaza De Armas Old San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Plaza De Armas
- Howard Johnson San Juan
- Howard Johnson Old San Juan
- San Juan Howard Johnson