Hotel Plaza De Armas Old San Juan
Cervantes(San Juan)
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgreat locationold san juansmall elevatortrolley stopwalking distanceel morroyour luggagestayed one nightfew blocksthird floorcruisebarrachinapharmacypuerto
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 21, 2012

A decent hotel in the middle of Old San Juan for under $100 is hard to find. This place, at $70 a night is a real bargain. the manager is incredibly helpful: he rushed out to get our bags when we were double parked, found a vegetarian- friendly restaurant (St Germaine's) for my daughter, and made us feel really welcome. The one strange thing is that the rooms have no windows, but the lighting is fine and the air conditioning works well. This place is not the Hilton, but it works well as a base for touring, and we enjoyed it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank The_Flying_Chef
LuisGarzon, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Plaza De Armas Old San Juan, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2012

A trillion thanks Flying Chef for taking the time to express here your thoughts about Hotel Plaza De Armas.

I'm really excited for reading that your experience with us was more than satisfying.

All the time we try to meet the needs of each and every guest we serve and always try to exceed their expectations in order to make their stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. I would like to let you know that your feedback is very important to us.

Your feedback help us to improve our service and property on a daily basis. It's our goal that any comment or issues that could be present during your stay are going to be addressed in a proper way.

The majority of our rooms are interior one but we do have Suites with french balcony.
If you have book any interior room you can request an upgrade for an affordable cost.

As you mention, we are not a luxury class hotel like Hilton, but we do have the charm of being in the heart of Old San Juan, where you can go anywhere at a walking distance plus a superb personal service at your order.

Next time you plan to come to Old San Juan I hope to have the opportunity to serve you again. I will personally take care of all your needs when you decide to come back.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

In the middle of it all. What a nice place to stay. All of the hotel staff was so friendly and extremely helpful. Clean rooms, very reasonable prices and so close to everything in Old San Juan. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank swest3576
LuisGarzon, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Plaza De Armas Old San Juan, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

A trillion thanks swest3576 for taking the time to make a review about Hotel Plaza De Armas.

Next time you come here I hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.

I will personally take care of all your needs when you come back.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

I had a fantastic time In old San Juan with the Base of my operations being at the Hotel Plaza De Armas. The Staff was courteous and informative and the Manager, Luis, really helped me out with anything and everything that I needed during my stay. I really enjoyed the simplicity of the place and its location is safe and convenient, perfect for first timers to Puerto Rico. If I were to ever return their is no question where I would stay, for the Hotel plaza De Armas has got it going on!

Room Tip: All the non Suite rooms are windowless.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Matt M
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

Hi, Matt!!

Thanks a lot for taking the time to make a review about Hotel Plaza De Armas.
We are glad that you had a fantastic time In old San Juan with our Hotel Plaza De Armas as your base of operations.

Our staff has being trained to courteous and informative as possible since our principal mission is to take care of every guest as if they were home. I'm sure Matt that you will be with us as soon as you can. Thanks for mention the detail about your kid.. This is the way we want to satisfy any need that our guest may have.

Yes Matt we are not a luxury hotel but our charm is being at the heart of Old San Juan and every place is just walking distance.

Let me just pointing out that we do have Suites with french balcony at the front with Plaza View.

We hope to see you soon, to serve you as you always deserve..

Remember at Hotel Plaza de Armas “ every person arrives as our guest and leaves as our friend”

See you soon

Reviewed June 15, 2012

June 2012, Had an amazing time at Old San Juan. I must say that part of that great time began the moment we dropped our bags off in our room. This Hotel is not a 5 star, but everything is fresh and clean. The hotel is smack in the middle of Old San Juan; so it's accessible to everything, no need for a car rental. The Employees are extremely helpful. Don Luis the Manager is fantastic, out did himself to make our stay as pleasant as possible. The Bistro in the lobby is great, awesome Sangria and Appetizers. The other side if the Bistro offers great coffee and breakfast. If you are looking to experience the old world feel of San Juan this is definitely the place to stay. I will stay there again and will send family and friends there as well.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank LOURDES G
LuisGarzon, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Plaza De Armas Old San Juan, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2012

Thanks Lourdes for taking the time of your tight schedule to write a review about your recent stay at Hotel Plaza De Armas.

We feel honor with your words and make us feel very proud about serving you the way we did.
Yes, indeed we are not a 5 star hotel but we take care of guest as if they were home.

We are a "diamond in the rock" and all the time we try to do our best to make our guest's stay as pleasant as possible.

we are in the heart of Old San Juan and you are just a walking distance from restaurant, museum, churches, stores and many other atracctions..

Next time you come here I hope to have the opportunity to serve you again. I will personally take care of all your needs when you come back.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

The building is very old and the rooms are very clean, but simple. You are in the middle of Old San Juan and can walk around. There is a supermaket across the street for snacks and they have roasted chicken too. The elevator is so old that takes minutes from one floor to another, if it work (it is an experience) . Don Luis the Manager, is amazing he tries hard for you to feel good. They have free wifi only in the lobby. We enjoy our stay here and walking to the restaurants and to a Flamenco Dinner at Triana.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lici3
LuisGarzon, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Plaza De Armas Old San Juan, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Thanks a lot Lici3 for taking a time to write your impression about Hotel Plaza De Armas.
Yes the building indeed is very old, more than a 100 years and it has been protected under Instituto De Cultura De Puerto Rico as a landmark of Old San Juan.

Our housekeeping staff always try their best to keep the rooms as clean as possible. As you mention we are in the middle of Old San Juan and our guest can walk around the Old City within minutes.

The elevator is a LuLac type which means that has been handcrated in the space provided. It has been under constant maintenance to keep it working as it should be. We are one of the few property that has elevator in the building.

I always try to serve our guest as if they were home. That is why our new slogan describe your stay in Hotel Plaza De Armas as if we were friend since the very begining you cross our front door.

I hope I can see you again as soon as possible