“Good location” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
chico,ca
“Good location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

We were looking for an inexpensive hotel a short drive from the airport. I had no idea it would be so nice. Great pool, several lounging areas, expresso/ cappuccino machine free, $2 beers in the rooms mini bar. Several restaurants are within walking distance. Café Del Angel, a block away, had excellent Puerto Rican food. Try the Canoa appetizer. Parking is free if you are lucky enough to grab one of the 4 spaces in front of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank catravlerChico_ca

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

I will never stay anywhere else; classy, clean, quiet, just absolutely lovely. Not for partyers; this hotel is respectable and private - the front door stays locked at all times and visitors of guests are not allowed in after 9pm (loved this because it provided for a heavenly night's sleep). Just around the corner is the main strip with all the shops, restaurants and casinos, and the beach is a 5 minute walk. The pool, hot tub, gardens, washer/dryer, wonderful continental breakfast, and unlimited juices and expressos 24/7 was a delight. And the staff was helpful and pleasant without fail. Every time I returned at the end of the day, I felt like I was home. Best hotel experience I have ever had, and I have had many.♥

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank Jill R
Austin, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Went stayed for 6 nights during our honeymoon and it was awesome. We didn't want to spend a lot on the hotel since we had so many tours and excursions planned and knew we wouldn't be there much.

Pros - Awesome customer service no matter what time of night we came in. Staff was so friendly and had good tips on tours and bus routes. Also, the hotel is 5 minutes (or less) walking distance to Condado Beach. Walgreens and a strip of restaurants and small bars are just around the corner. Housekeepers were always prompt with cleaning and service. Also, though it's not a resort, you are in walking distance of La Concha (we took advantage of the free drinks in the casino and of course the casino itself) and the Marriott (which has a Casino as well and salsa night on Friday and Saturday...we got to see a live band and danced!).

Cons - a bit older and our room was on the smaller side. If you want bigger, I'd say go for the penthouse suite.

I'd highly recommend if you're looking to not spend much on a hotel!

Room Tip: We had a double room, but I'd suggest go for the penthouse suite!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Maya L
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Absolutely nothing I didn't like about Coral Princess. Location was perfect- one block away from everything you need: bars, restaurants, stores and a 24-hour drugstore and restaurants. Safe area- never felt unsafe at night.

Absolutely loved that you needed to be buzzed into the hotel's main entrance- since I traveled alone, this was important to me. If you're not staying there, you're not welcomed- this was a great safety feature! The staff was amazingly helpful- every single one of them. The cleaning staff was on point! Every time I returned, I really felt like I was coming home to my very own clean, quiet, cozy and well air-conditioned apartment.

The room was perfect: I stayed in room 12- one bed, wine cooler (water for one dollar, local beer for 2 dollars), flat screen tv, very clean bathroom and awesome spa tub. Plenty of room for me! Outside of the room was also great: pool, jacuzzi, sun deck, free breakfast from 7a-10a.

If I had to be picky, I'd say that they should bolt the room's safe into the wall. However, I doubt anyone would try to steal a HUGE case thru the hotel's only entrance- where a staff member is there 24 hours. So I was ok with the safe.

Loved everything about this hotel. This was my second time staying at a boutique hotel- my first experience was in LA, and it was awful. I'd definitely stay at Coral again. They truly created the handbook on hospitality- both physically (hotel design) and personal (friendly and helpful crew). This hotel made my solo trip to Condado one I will never forget. I miss my little "apartment 12" already. I hope they can keep the price per night as reasonable as it was. I'll be back! -Rodriguez

Room Tip: I stayed in room 12- facing the street. Traffic noise on Friday night- but it was exciting hearing t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank URodriguez
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Good stay in the heart of Condado. Cozy place with all the accommodations needed at an affordable price. Breakfast is included and they have a very nice spread. Very good stay, we will definitely come back again. Keep it up.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mac2105
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Im a Puerto Rico Tourism Company worker. I never believe that a small place had a great taste. Everytime that you see a small boutique hotel you compare it with a bigger one but this one can fight with another hotels and have a great experience. I will come back again and stay. I love the touch of "Couples Retreat" that they got.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Junzpr
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Loved my stay at this quaint boutique hotel. The blooming orchids and tropical flowers all over the property are beautiful. The staff was magnificent. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. I traveled solo and felt very safe since at night you have to be buzzed in and there was always someone at the front desk. Will stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo