“an accidental find, surprised I haven't visited before”
Review of La Focaccia

La Focaccia
Ranked #390 of 1,093 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night
Description: An original Italian pizzería. Famous for our unique Focaccias and thin crust pizzas. Powerful sangrías and cocktails.
Reviewed July 5, 2014

This is definitely a late night restaurant, I found this little gem while walking around San Juan with a couple of friends, and the pizza slices looked delicious. We decided to each get different flavors and share them and they all turned out to be very reasonably priced. They had a large variety but we ended up picking the four cheese, the spinach and bacon and the pesto and tomato pies. We had a great time for a quick bite and although it was really hot the man working at the moment suggested we move to a different table to receive a better breeze which was real nice of him and very much appreciated by the group. The only thing I did notice is that all the prices are listed on the outside window, so I had to go out to come back in and order.

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

If a wide selection of day old pizza under warming lights is your thing, then this us the place for you. Oh yeah, no AC either.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

We stopped in for a quick lunch and were very impressed by the variety of pizzas available. We loved it- the crust was delicious and the toppings and sauces were great. All they make is pizza, but lots of them! We tried 4 types- big pieces. Next time we will try their sampler- a half piece of every type they make for a deal of a price. We will be back.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

I haven't been to Italy, but my wife has and says this pizza is very true to what she found there.I live in Chicago and believe you can't beat Chicago style pizza, and am usually very disapointed with pizza outside of Chi. However, I visited old San Juan and really did not expect, nor was I looking, to find great pizza -- but this majorly surprised! Owner came around and personally walked us through the various options and topings. I first had the prosciutto topped white-pizza, and then had to go back for another, and went with the four cheese. Very quality ingredients, and you could tell the owner was proud of the pizza and it was absolutely delicious. I will always go back if I return to San Juan, and would highly recommend. Good selection of beer too and good combos and pricing.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

As a frequent traveler to Puerto Rico, I always visit one of my favorite places, Old San Juan. This time, I spent one month in December 2013 and the very last day in Puerto Rico, on January 12, I had the pleasant surprise of finding this pizzeria. The setting is rustic and informal, I enjoyed the high ceiling, spaciousness and art decorating the restaurant. Now more important the pizza is delicious, homemade sauce, real mozzarella cheese nice crust perfectly done in one of those Italian fornos. It also happens that we just visited Italy in June and this pizza brought us memories of the great pizza we enjoyed en Italia! I highly recommend!

1  Thank CamilleyJerome