“GREAT Food- GREAT Time”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Carli and Fausto and the rest of the staff are absolutly amazing people. The restaurant they created are what I envision when I think about dining in El Viejo San Juan (Old San Juan). My husband and I visited with two other couples in 2010 and feel in love with place. We had it on our Must Do list during this trip and it did not disappoint. Besure to go when Carli is playing- his magical touch on the piano is so enjoyable. Have Fausto make you his apple martini- you will not be disappointed. Thanks to all at Carli's for making our dinner a memorable time.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Spent another wonderful evening last night (12/27/12) at Carli's Fine Bistro and Piano (formerly Carli's Cafe Concierto). Carli Munoz not only knows how to play a great Jazz piano, but knows how to keep his customers satisfied by providing excellent food, service and ambiance. Will be going back again Saturday night to celebrate my 70th birthday. Would not have wanted to celebrate it anywhere else.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

I was there tonight for the first time. I live in Old San Juan and walk by on my way to work everyday. I treated myself tonight and will definitely be back! Orlando, Wolfgang, Fausto and a young lady whose name I don't want to massacre were all excellent. Their service is unmatched by any other local establishment. Very friendly, helpful and know what they're doing. Try the spinach ravioli, it's amazing. I chose to sit on the patio and enjoy the beautiful evening but inside they have a grand piano and live music.

1  Thank Terri S
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I've seen another review in Tripadvisor for this place, calling it Cafe Carli Concierto, but it is the same retaurant.

This place is wonderful and Carli Munoz is a fantastic musician who just happens to run a fantastic restaurant. We stumbled onto the place earlier in the week looking for some jazz after a meal at another location. We had wine, listened to Carli play some wonderful jazz and spent time talking to Carli about his music after his set, My wife is a jazz vocalist, so it is always great to talk to the others about their musical passion.

We came back a few days later for dinner and to hear more music. The service is top notch and the food is fantastic. Started out the meal with two signature cocktails. Then we had two terrific appetizers (tuna carpaccio, plantain encrusted calamari) followed by two of the house specialties (pumpkin and shrimp risotto, rack of lamb) which were outstanding. The recommended wine pairing was a great (they have a nicely priced wine list) and we finished up with a great chocolate mousse. Of course, the music was fabulous.

Carli is a treasure and the place is wonderful. The seating is limited but there is seating outside with speakers piping out the wonderful jazz music from within. I highly recommend this place to food a music lovers alike.

1  Thank Edward G
Reviewed November 9, 2012

You can go there for the Music and enjoy the Live Piano Jazz but you will go back for the house special...rack of Lamb. travelled the world and this is by far the best I've ever had.
Do not bother ordering the Half Rack go for the full...better than ordering desert.
Very affordable wine list, try a Malbec Nieto reserva, bottle for $26 only and very good.

2  Thank Sydneypoo