“Outstanding!!”

Ali Baba Restaurant
Ranked #52 of 1,045 Restaurants in San Juan
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Authentic and homemade dishes cooked by the owner and chef Suleyman Yilmaz! Halal food available!
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I've heard this place is amazing and last time I was in PR we decided to go somewhere else intead of here. What a mistake! However, this trip I was able to make it. The best turkish meal I've ever had. The hummus was delicious, bread etc. Service could have been better, it seems that the server was new. However, another server also helped us and she was amazing. We even make friends with a very nice couple from New Jersey, it was their 2nd night on a row eating at the restaurant because they loved the food. Overall, it is a great place for a mediterranean meal.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

One of the challenges as a Vegan living in Puerto Rico is not being able to find many good quality options in restaurants. It’s even harder to find authentic restaurants of different nationalities and cuisines.

Ali Baba’s for me is a great place to eat and has some pretty awesome options when it comes to my vegan dietary restrictions. If you want to have authentic Turkish cuisine and also take a break from the regular mofongo and carne frita you will friend around Puerto Rico you need to make a stop at Ali Baba.

Since I made a reservation they went out of their way to make a vegan friendly Lavash and for that visit I had the Vegetable Casserole and my partner had the Vegetable Moussaka.
Everything from the cocktail prepared by their bartender Nabil which was a refreshing Cucumber Martini that went great with the early summer weather on the Island.

I highly recommend this restaurant and will be visiting it soon enough.

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

The meal was very good, the veal with rice and salad was excellent!! Excellent service and food!!! Would go back soon!!!!

Reviewed July 15, 2014

We were skeptical of visiting a Turkish restaurant in San Juan, but after reading the reviews, we decided to give it a chance, and happy that we did. What initially lured me into the restaurant was the online menu item of marinated grilled octopus so I was gutted to learn that the item is no longer offered. But there were enough other tempting dishes that we moved on. The stuffed red pepper appetizer was not really stuffed peppers at all – more like a tapenade of grilled peppers, feta cheese, garlic, seasonings, and olive oil. It was delicious with the fresh hearth baked bread. For mains I had a greek salad with souvlaki – filled with fresh vegetables, feta cheese and lots of good, briny olives. My husband had the grilled lamb kebab entrée and joined the clean plate club.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Stumbled across this restaurant on our first night staying in Condado at La Concha. It was packed both inside and outside but they were able to accommodate us within in a few minutes. Staff was very friendly and food was very tasty. Baklava was amazing, rich and decadent! Best I've ever had!