“Great surprise”

Ali Baba Restaurant
Ranked #48 of 999 Restaurants in San Juan
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

First I normally don't eat this type of food, but it was rated so high on here and was across for the hotel, I figured we could try it. It was fantastic and when I get home I have a few new dining options to try out. Service was great a had the falafel gyro and the wife had the chicken gyro. Both were great, but hers was better.

• Turkish first
New Jersey
“A good find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

My wife and I wanted to eat something we hadn't had in a while. We looked over the TA restaurants and decided on Ali Baba. I have to see the reviews were right. It was a great place.

We started off with the humus. Certainly not the type you get from the supermarket. For the entree, my wife got the falafel and loved it. They were not only tastier than others we had in the past, but they were also to oily in the least. I wanted to try something I hadn't had before so I went with the Ottoman Casserole. Very flavorful. The dish was a good size. Unfortunately I had no room left for the baklava. :(

If you want a great meal with very attentive staff, you'll really enjoy this place!

• Visited June 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“AMAZING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

We came here because of the great reviews and were not disappointed! You may think why would I go to a Turkish restaurant in Puerto Rico, but go yourself a favor and go! We ordered half of the tzatzikiyogurt and Baba ghanoush, both were really delicious. For my entree I ordered the doner kebab and it was awesome. The others in my group ordered two lamb dishes and one casserole, and everyone was raving.

Overall a great place to grab dinner!

Visited May 2014
“Excellent Food. Great Service. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is right across the street from the Marriott Hotel & Resort off Ashford but it sits behind the Starbucks.

Once you find it, you'd have entered one of the best restaurants for Middle Eastern food.

We wanted to sit inside and a table was readily available. Our waitress was very friendly and prompt.

We weren't very hungry but I really wanted to try this restaurant on my last night in San Juan. We ordered the Hummus, Baba Ghanoush and Falafel. These were plenty for the two of us... The fresh out - of - the oven bread was just delicious.

Everything was very authentic, deliciously prepared and beautifully served. However, I thought the appetizers were a bit over-priced.

If I returned to PR, I will more than likely go back to try some of the entrées. I highly recommend it.

Atlanta, Georgia
“excellent surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

The food here was superb! I could tell that lots of locals prefer it. The hot flat bread which came out first was amazing. I had kabobs/vegs/rice. The flavors were wonderful, the quality of the food as good as any I have had, the atmosphere was festive without being really noisy. The waitstaff was prompt, caring. I would eat here again and highly recommend it.

• Visited May 2014