“Good food”

Ali Baba Restaurant
Ranked #56 of 1,100 Restaurants in San Juan
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Authentic and homemade dishes cooked by the owner and chef Suleyman Yilmaz! Halal food available!
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We went in to have dinner. Nice atmosphere, the restaurant is tucked in behind a Starbucks. The food pretty good, we tried the chicken and a lamb dish, the lamb was really good, meat was very tender and it was served with a layer of pita topped with lamb meat and tomato sauce. We also tried the baklawa, which was OK. Nothing special.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

This is THE Best Turkish restaurant that I have ever been to. Delicious and authentic food! Lahmacun was great. You must try Baklava as well. The service and food was perfect. It is also great atmosphere with authentic decorations!!! Very friendly staff and cook. I strongly recommend this wonderful restaurant. If you are in San Juan, Puerto Rico, this is the place that you MUST visit, eat, and enjoy !!!!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Must confess that I have eaten here several times in the past but just now got around to writting one of these reviews. Ali baba has quickly become my favorite restaurant in the san juan/ condado area. The chef and kitchen do a tremendous job preparing each item, serving up treats that are both rich in flavor and quality. They use fresh organic ingredients in their cooking and boy can you taste the difference! The appetizers are good enough enjoy as a main course... But then you would be ignore the artistry of the main courses. Personal favorites (at the moment) are the adana kebab in tomatoe and yogurt sauce, the kofte casserole (ground lamb meatballs in a signature turkish tomatoe sauce, with mozzarella cheese baked on top, truly a great dish) and of course, the mixed grill. From the appetizers, the imam bayildi (chopped eggplant dip with a yogurt sauce on top), and lamachun have recently caught my fancy. It's the type of place you can go multiple times and always try something different, the quality of the whole menu really can not be praised enough. Highly recommend if you are visiting the area or even if you are a local looking for a new place to try. It's a small rest, and it gets pretty packed on a regular basis. Best to call if your planning on eating after 8 o'clock. So glad I was able to fund this place, it really a welcome change from the rest of the cuisine you usually find near that area.
Ohh, almost forgot. You must order the Baklava, an inspired treat made from scratch by the chef himself. Fantastic!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

The appetizers: hummus and tatziki were amazing and very garlicky! This place was near our hotel and since it was raining we did not want to venture out too far. The meal was really, really flavorful. I have the lamb kofta as my main, the best I have ever had and the rice accompaniment was so tasty as well. Hubby had the lamb doner and he was equally impressed with how flavorful and tender the dish was. The bread was the highlight though. Hot and fresh out of the oven, would go again just for it.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We loved this restaurant so much we had to come back again. It is tucked away in a shopping area just across from the San Juan Marriott, and it is easy to miss unless you are looking for it. We ordered the Mixed Grill plate for two, and the greek salad, which in my opinion is the perfect meal size for two. I'm certain I could have probably made room had we ordered some appetizers. The staff is nice and speaks good English. The menu was written in English which was a bonus for this gringo. Although it has a casual feel, meal prices are about $18-25... pretty standard prices for what we saw on the island. Overall, this was the best restaurant we ate at while in San Juan, hands down.