“Home made food”

Ali Baba Restaurant
Ranked #54 of 1,046 Restaurants in San Juan
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Authentic and homemade dishes cooked by the owner and chef Suleyman Yilmaz! Halal food available!
Reviewed April 9, 2013

My husband and I got a flyer from this rest. A couple of weeks later we went since we love Turkish food. Everything we ate tasted was freshly made. We were impressed by the pita bread that was out of the oven, ready to eat and the Baba ganouch dip (egg plant) was clearly home made, plus the owner makes the Baklava every morning. You should definitely go, the service is fast & the guys are very attentive. It's a cozy & welcoming restaurant & ambiance.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

If traveling to San Juan, do not miss this restaurant. It will not disappoint. The food was great and the service superb. The atmosphere was nice and relaxing. I was glad we stumbled upon it. We got the Lamb Kabab and Couscous and loved it. You can find it across the street from the Marriott and Stellaris Casino. The only negative comment I can make is how cold it was in the restaurant. But that was no matter, we ate outside in their patio because of it.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

As other reviewers have said this gem is tucked off Ashford, so you could miss it, but if yoU want a fabulous meal, give it a try. The service was attentive and helpful. We started with spinach and feta flat bread which was light and crisp and yummy. Then a delicious vegetable moussaka, as well as a lamb casserole. We would highly recommend.

Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a nice place on ashford to have our last supper before leaving PR. One of their employees was standing on a pavement with flyers inviting the public to the restaurant. My friend and I decided to try it and what a great surprise. A little treasure of a restaurant a little hidden ....the decor is beautiful and authentic, the staff very welcoming: the chef met us at the door and promised to prepare us a great meal and he was true to his word. I had lamb meatballs with a side of rice, potatoes and a little salad and I also had baklava for dessert yummmmy! All for $24.50 with tax. If I had one more night in PR I would easily return for another meal. It's tucked away, but it's a serene and welcoming restaurant well worth the find.

1  Thank littlebrownpeanut
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

I consider myself someone who is hard to please... So for me to say this is a big deal. I didn't come to PR for ME food but its been my favorite meal so far!
Great service!!! Fun, sexy, yet casual outside dining(I ate with my son)
The bread is great, did I mention the service?, and the octopus app.
Enjoy this treasure directly across from the Marriott.