“My best meal, service and relaxing atmosphere in Puerto Rico!”

Ali Baba Restaurant
Ranked #54 of 1,049 Restaurants in San Juan
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Authentic and homemade dishes cooked by the owner and chef Suleyman Yilmaz! Halal food available!
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a nice place on ashford to have our last supper before leaving PR. One of their employees was standing on a pavement with flyers inviting the public to the restaurant. My friend and I decided to try it and what a great surprise. A little treasure of a restaurant a little hidden ....the decor is beautiful and authentic, the staff very welcoming: the chef met us at the door and promised to prepare us a great meal and he was true to his word. I had lamb meatballs with a side of rice, potatoes and a little salad and I also had baklava for dessert yummmmy! All for $24.50 with tax. If I had one more night in PR I would easily return for another meal. It's tucked away, but it's a serene and welcoming restaurant well worth the find.

1  Thank littlebrownpeanut

Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

I consider myself someone who is hard to please... So for me to say this is a big deal. I didn't come to PR for ME food but its been my favorite meal so far!
Great service!!! Fun, sexy, yet casual outside dining(I ate with my son)
The bread is great, did I mention the service?, and the octopus app.
Enjoy this treasure directly across from the Marriott.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

After more than a week of PR food, we were ready for something different. The first thing different was the service - it was good! The setting is nice - tucked away in a courtyard off Ashford. We started with babaganoush - it was good, bead was great. At the suggestion of waiter I had the Ottoman casserole. First - is not a casserole at all - a bed of rice is surrounded by bits of meat and tomato on a heated-by-flame pan. It was very good. My lady had - again recommended - the Adama Kebab (with garlic yogurt). It was excellent - and a good portion as well. Reasonable priced wine list. Overall, I could not ask for much more - excellent rating deserved.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had a wonderful meal at this restaurant. We both had the Lamb Ottoman Casserole for dinner. The entree was $20.00 each and very good. Make sure you order the fresh baked whole pita bread (Lavash) for $3.00. Food was excellent and service was very fast and friendly.

1  Thank blbuszek
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We came here as per the trip advisor reviews. The restaurabt is Tucked off the main street which was nice. We sat outside and all the tables were full. The service was really fast and good and our waiter Abraham was lovely. The food was delicious and authentic and great value for money. Would recommend any day of the week! The bill comes in a cool chest with mints and all the staff wear a fez!! Amazing!