“Authentic and unique offering. Great mixed grill!”

Ali Baba Restaurant
Ranked #57 of 1,074 Restaurants in San Juan
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Authentic and homemade dishes cooked by the owner and chef Suleyman Yilmaz! Halal food available!
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

We had dinner here after reading the reviews. A tip is if you order 3+ apps you can get a sampler plate made @1/2 price of each which was great! Bread that came with was very good. Loved the tziki and eggplant hot dip. Mixes grill was excellent; especially liked the lamb chop & ground seasoned lamb (adana). Also baklava was delish!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stumbled into this place today as I was walking in the Condado area. I had their Falafel and one of their wraps. Falafel, IMO, is hit or miss - but the crispiness, the texture, the taste and the tsaziki sauce were all perfect. The wrap was very good too. Highly recommend this place.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

A very authentic Mediterranean restaurant, loved the Ottoman casserole. Very unique dish, was served on a stand with a flame underneath, not sure why, it didn't last long enough to get cold. We also had the Lamb doner ???, the lamb meat tasted differently than we are accustomed to but it was still very good. We love branching out and trying new things. The slaw was also a very pleasant surprise, it was delicious. Highly recommend if you have the opportunity to go!

Reviewed October 28, 2012

A friend and I took a chance on this little place and were thrilled that we did. Everything we ordered was fantastic and plentiful as well. In fact, after sharing three appetizers with a loaf of wonderful bread, we were barely able to make a dent in our main course.

The restaurant is quite small with limited seating options though there are tables in the courtyard. The menu is extensive and the prices were very reasonable.

Had we had more time in San Juan, we would have returned for dinner a second time.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I have been in puerto rico a week. I been every day ali baba.It was my best experience in my life about Mediterranean middle East food the restaurant owner and sheff Suleyman Yılmaz congratulate. I do recommend to everybady(humus,tabullı,cabbage dolma) (That's are my favorite's appetizer) (My favorite main course (ottoman castorall, mix grill, adana and lamb doner kebab.)