“Great food, very nice place to eat”

Ali Baba Restaurant
Ranked #48 of 999 Restaurants in San Juan
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Greenbrier, Tennessee
“Great food, very nice place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

A very authentic Mediterranean restaurant, loved the Ottoman casserole. Very unique dish, was served on a stand with a flame underneath, not sure why, it didn't last long enough to get cold. We also had the Lamb doner ???, the lamb meat tasted differently than we are accustomed to but it was still very good. We love branching out and trying new things. The slaw was also a very pleasant surprise, it was delicious. Highly recommend if you have the opportunity to go!

• Visited November 2012

• Turkish first
Jonesboro, Arkansas
“Fantastic Turkish Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

A friend and I took a chance on this little place and were thrilled that we did. Everything we ordered was fantastic and plentiful as well. In fact, after sharing three appetizers with a loaf of wonderful bread, we were barely able to make a dent in our main course.

The restaurant is quite small with limited seating options though there are tables in the courtyard. The menu is extensive and the prices were very reasonable.

Had we had more time in San Juan, we would have returned for dinner a second time.

Ankara, Turkey
“the best of the best turkısh food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

I have been in puerto rico a week. I been every day ali baba.It was my best experience in my life about Mediterranean middle East food the restaurant owner and sheff Suleyman Yılmaz congratulate. I do recommend to everybady(humus,tabullı,cabbage dolma) (That's are my favorite's appetizer) (My favorite main course (ottoman castorall, mix grill, adana and lamb doner kebab.)

SanJuan
“Arabic taste”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

I am not a fan of Middle East food yet I found this restaurant to be cozy and with good service. It is close to my home and those of my guests that accompanied me found that the food was very good.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Manolo N
Denver, CO
“A Hidden Gem in Condado, San Juan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Nestled back off the street in the Condado Village Plaza sits this wonderful Turkish restaurant called Ali Baba. While the name is rather common for Middle Eastern eateries, the experience is anything but. Chef/owner Suleyman Yilmaz, originally from Ankara, starts off with a specialty pita that resembles an 18" loaf of Italian bread but is hollow like a pita. Always served fresh from the oven it was just the start of a top notch meal. I had the lamb souvlaki plate served with traditional Turkish cabbage and carrot salad, potatoes and pilaf rice. I ordered the lamb medium and it was grilled to perfection. Of particular note was that the lamb was the finest quality I had experienced in a restaurant in my 30+ years of enjoying Middle Eastern/Mediterranean food. If you find yourself in Puerto Rico, make the trip to Condado, San Juan, sit in the outdoor patio and treat yourself to a fantastic meal courtesy of Chef Yilmaz – you won’t soon forget it.

3 Thank wmchale