“Charming”
Review of Hotel Miramar

Hotel Miramar
Ranked #20 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Would have no problem staying here again. The room was clean and the staff was super friendly and helpful. Sure it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of other hotels, but then again, do I really need them, when I only need the room to shower and sleep?

-Convenient bus stop across the street that takes you to Old San Juan in 10-15 minutes for $.50
-Restaurant Casita Miramar has excellent Puerto Rican fare and is only a couple minutes walk from hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Quintanamera
There are newer reviews for Hotel Miramar

Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for three nights recently. This is a small hotel in size, only 50 rooms, which I think makes it quaint. Our room was nice. We had a king size bed. The bathroom is done in all tile which was very appealing. The room also had a small frig and a microwave. The hotel staff was pleasant and answered any questions we had about the area. One of the nicest features is the roof top terrace. We had a bottle of wine every night sitting outside on the terrace enjoying the view. There are a few buildings around this hotel that are empty and rundown , but this did not take away from our stay. We enjoyed being in a neighborhood and getting the feel of the local area. Hotel Miramar is within walking distance to Condado . Also , the bus stop to Old San Juan is a very short walk across the street. It is 75 cents a person each way to take the bus. This is the way to get around, no need to rent a car to visit Old San Juan.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ruthieb911
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Just like my title... enough said.

Also, I cant remember his name but this clerk (attached picture) was very helpful and took the time to answer all my questions by providing maps, making phone calls, site-reservations, and delivered precise information regarding timing with breakfast, taxi rides, club-hours, etc. My questions usually plenty and it took 20 to 30mins from the time I ask to when its answered. Thats not normal... on average it takes hours for other hotel clerks to answer my difficult questions.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank KLAUDIO I
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stayed at the Miramar Hotel in May, 2013, before and after my stay on Culebra. Overall, I was very pleased with the selection. The hotel is in close proximity to Isla Grande Airport and SJ Convention Center. The room was clean, spacious and well-appointed. Hotel staff was attentive and helpful. The room rate was very good. There is a restaurant across the street open 24 hours per day and the food is fairly priced and good. There is foot traffic in the area late at night that is colorful and adds to the ambiance of the district. I am taking a southern Caribbean cruise late this summer from San Juan and plan to return to Miramar Hotel.

Room Tip: Excellent choice when flying to Vieques or Culebra from Isla Grande.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank markbryants
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Nice hotel in the city. It was very clean. Hotel were friendly and helpful. We only stayed one night and we arrived late evening at that. Price was not bad. The room was comfortable and slept four nicely. There are many food options on this street.

For the negatives: Homeless guy sleeping in front of building. There is very little parking at or beside hotel. Three blocks down were many "ladies of the night" on the corners.

I can not say anything bad about the staff or the hotel. To bad the location is not the best. I still would stay here again, just not with the whole family.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Overall the hotel Miramar was average in my opinion. It has a decent location and easy access to the bus lines. The price is very good. We stayed in two different rooms because we stayed there on both ends of our cruise. The rooms were good sized and clean but they should consider replacing their mattresses because they need it. What makes this hotel special is the staff. Jill and Martin were extremely helpful and very informative. When we needed something they were on it immediately. If not for them I would have a lesser opinion of the hotel. One other item is the hotel does not have a pool or spa but it does have a small workout room.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank 1MC1952
Reviewed June 19, 2013

2nd stay at Miramar. The staff may have turned over in the 2 years since we were last there but overall it seems in my one night stay they still get it. It's Puerto Rico, it's not the Ritz. The view from the roof is fantastic. Nice grocery down the street. I would stay again. Our room had a new refurbished bath.

Room Tip: Watch out for the 4th floor wifi, it doesnt work too well.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple