WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #20 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Phoenix, Arizona
“Very Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

2nd stay at Miramar. The staff may have turned over in the 2 years since we were last there but overall it seems in my one night stay they still get it. It's Puerto Rico, it's not the Ritz. The view from the roof is fantastic. Nice grocery down the street. I would stay again. Our room had a new refurbished bath.

Room Tip: Watch out for the 4th floor wifi, it doesnt work too well.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bflood2000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

The Hotel is very nice, it is close to everything and the view we had was breathtaking. As long as we stayed away from the hotel, our vacation was fine. Once we got there and throughout the entire four day stay the staff was rude. very rude. The bistro next door was okay and the rooms were clean. right across the street is a car rental lot, it looks sketchy but they actually gave us the best customer service on the island. The car rental was cheap and the suzuki car was decent. Not every hotel has the same problems, our friends stayed at the Hilton for the same price and they had way more amenities. Their staff was also alot friendlier at the Hilton than the Hotel Miramar. If you can take the rudeness from the staff, you can stay there but if you want good customer service, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Michelle317

Travelers are raving about these San Juan hotels

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

I booked this hotel by mistake thinking it was a different one just a couple of blocks away. At first I was a bit upset about it and then I realized that is a small quaint boutique hotel. The rooms were excellent and spacious. The staff really nice and the location was great. It was nice that a small breakfast was included in the price of the room not much but sufficient and their bistro is really good and affordable. Would go back without a doubt !

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank omar e
Fayetteville, Arkansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

We were shocked with this hotel, I reserved 3 days via hotwire.com and it was indicated that this hotel has a beach view, actually it has a view on the very nasty street beside it. The staff are totally unprofessional and this is if you found them. I moved from first room to the second because it had a bad smell, but the second one had a problem with the shower sink drainage system, so we moved to the third one which was acceptable. The parking is free which is good, but there are just 4 spots and they will put the car on the side of the street if all spots are busy.
All in all, listen to my advice, pay a little more money and go to a better hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank WinterCloud
managerSanJuan, Manager at Hotel Miramar, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for taking time to express your comments regarding your stay with us. We try hard to please our guests and it is dissappointing when we fail to deliver on our promise. People have different expectations and sometimes it is difficult to assess those expectations. We offer a CLEAN, AFFORDABLE AND CONVENIENT option for savvy travelers who recognize value and service.
As the recipient of t he Puerto Rico Tourism Company Best Small Hotel Of Puerto Rico 2012 Award we value your comments which will help us to fine tune and correct any defficiencies. It is not a matter of paying more or less for a hotel room, what does matter is for the traveller to determine what matters to them in a hotel stay, if a big parking lot is a must for your enjoyment, the selection of a hotel with one should be a criteria. We responded to your requests and we regret that our response including the incident with the self service laundry machine did not satisfy you.
WE are happy to learn that otherwise you enjoyed your stay in San Juan and wish you and your family the best!
Beaumont, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

I was a bit reluctant to book this hotel for a two night stay in San Juan but am so glad I did. Our room was larger than expected and we had a nice view from our 5th floor room. The room was very clean and the bathroom was a nice size with great water pressure in the shower. The fixtures were not new but everything was in good working order. The bed was quite comfortable and the AC worked well. Some reviews mentioned that the location was not the best because of being too far away from Old San Juan but we found it quite convenient. We took the local bus from the stop across the street and got to Old San Juan in 10-15 minutes. For $0.75 each way, it sure beat a $15 taxi ride!! There is a nice grocery store about a block away where we bought breakfast items, wine, and some nice sandwiches for lunch. The rooftop deck was a great place to enjoy a quiet lunch or a glass of wine....great view of the city and ocean! The staff in reception were all extremely friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay again on our next visit!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cbrowne
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

A nicely located small hotel. Walking distance from Puerto Rico Convention Center at San Juan. Nice big rooms with friendly staff at the front desk. A grocery store is few yards away in case you plan to stay longer. Not a convenient location in case you plan to be in Old San Juan city. Value for money!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Usually I don't write reviews, but we just got back from this hotel yesterday and I had to let others know what a wonderful hotel this is. First of all, for the price you can't beat it. It is a short walk to the Condado district and very close to Old San Juan. I called down a week prior to our arrival and Martin got our rain forest tour booked for me over the phone and was very helpful in helping me plan our week out, as none of us had ever been to San Juan. I felt our experience was a little different because we were traveling with my 9 year old daughter who is severely autistic and the staff at this hotel bent over backwards to make sure I had everything I needed for her and offered me a variety of suggestions on different activities that she might enjoy. They also spoke directly too her, not around her as most people do. The room was simple, but absolutely immaculate. There were five of us and we had two rooms...rooms 201 and 202 and I'll tell you, I challenge anyone to find a speck of dirt anywhere...and I don't have the most tidy children in the world. Everyone at this hotel is super friendly from the housekeepers, to all of the front desk staff. The beach is really close so I didn't mind not having a pool...the kids always wanted to go to the beach anyway and didn't even ask about a pool. The front desk staff will provide you with beach towels and provided us with beach towels when we went on the rain forest tour as well. They were also very helpful in pointing us to the night life, as my brother and I wanted to go out. We loved it there so much that my brother is having us celebrate his 37th birthday in San Juan and 14 of us will be coming back down and booking at the Miramar...you really can't find a better spot, especially for the price...it really is in the middle of everything. I saw one review that said there were bugs...there are no bugs...like anywhere! This hotel is immaculate. I am very happy I didn't book at the Marriott like we planned to because it definitely isn't worth the money. We got such a personal and homey feeling here we weren't ready to leave after 5 days. We did spend our whole vacation here with two young children, again one who is a severely autistic 9 year old and they couldn't do enough for us to make our stay pleasant. Unfortunately, we didn't try the restaurant, but the rooftop deck is beautiful. Also, this is a very safe neighborhood. I didn't feel unsafe at ANY point in time, whether it was 12pm or 12 am. We will definitely be back and had a wonderful vacation thanks to their staff. Martin and Iris were so awesome, they felt like part of the family by the time we left:)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family