Hotel Miramar
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsold san juanpuerto ricolos pinosacross the streetrooftop deckfridge and microwavesmall hotelwalking distancecruise terminalfront desk clerkcondado areamagalitaxisupermarketkeyslagoonpr
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We recently stayed at the Hotel Miramar in san Juan, Puerto Rico for one night precruise. It was a $15 cab ride from the airport. When we arrived the Orkin man was waiting at the front desk to be paid. I didn't see any bugs which I did read about on others reviews here.

We had a quiet room #207 with an uncomfortable queen sized bed which was like sleeping on a box spring, a microwave, & somewhat cool refrigerator for which we paid $109 + $5 +20% tax for a total of $136.89 which included breakfast at the connected 606 Bistro. For what we paid the room was an OK deal I guess. The room was clean but had a smell I really cannot pinpoint(maybe the spray from the Orkin man?). The hotel has free Wi-Fi but it's spotty at best. Took forever just to read & send a couple of e-mails.

The hotel staff were friendly and helpful with directions. There is a grocery store one block away which was nice for picking up a $8 bottle of Moscato wine, a 12 pk of Disanni water ($3.49) and 6PK Modeleo beer ($4.69) for drinking on the roof top balcony. The balcony had an OK view but it looks nothing like the pics posted here on trip advisor. We also picked up several packages of inexpensive Puerto Rican brick coffee ($5.29) at the Los Pinos grocery.

We had the included breakfast at Bistro 606 I had 2 scrambled eggs, toast, bacon, and a glass of OJ. My wife had the same except for having 2 eggs over easy. This was included in the price of the hotel stay. We each ordered a Latte which we understood we would be responsible to pay additional for. We were the only 2 people in the bistro at aprox. 9AM on a Saturday. It took 20 minutes to be waited on and another 45 minutes to get our food. The Lattes we ordered never arrived. We finally just walked out as several other guests were then waiting. It was clear to us that the staff at this so called "Bistro" couldn't care less about us. We walked 1 block and a half to the Los Pinos Cafe & shared a Hisnanic breakfast omlette & had a Cappicino and a latte for $10. We should has skipped the "Bistro 606" all together but it was included so we tried it. Lesson learned. Our ship wasn't sailing until *:30 PM so we were in no hurry but really didn't enjoy sitting in the 606 for over an hour.

The local bus stop a block in the opposite direction of the grocery took you to old San Juan for .75 per person. That was a great deal as the cabs were $15. You will need exact change as the bus driver does not make change and does not take bills. We split a ride to the cruise port with 2 other couples and it was $5 each. So if you are looking for a budget hotel with minimal ammenities this place will do but skip the Bistro 606.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Thomas B
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We chose this hotel because it was between the pier and the airport. We had just been on a cruise and our flight home was the next day. The room was clean, had a comfortable bed, and a big bathroom. It also had a microwave and fridge. There was not a pool but the roof top had lounge chairs and picnic tables so you could sit up there to enjoy the view and take great pictures of the town. If you wanted to go to Old San Juan, there was a bus stop across the street and the fare was only 75 cents. It is not a place that I would suggest to spend your whole vacation but as a stop over, it worked out well.

Room Tip: The higher floors near the roof top deck would be the best.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This rooms were a good size. Even though I was one person, I had 2 beds and a good sized bathroom. The in-room fridge was a nice touch since I was there for a week, I could keep water and snacks. My only complaint was that there was no internet in the room. The hotel said I was too far away from the elevator to get internet, so I ended up working in the lobby when I couldn't avoid it. It was a bit annoying, but it was a decent price, so overall I was happy.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We chose this hotel due to the location near before and after a cruise out of San Juan. The hotel is very nice and reasonalbly priced and within walking distance to beaches. Martin the front desk clerk was very helpful with information on getting around and ideas on spending the afternoon. They do not have a pool but they have a wonderful roof top deck with a great view. The rooms were clean, roomy & nice with microwave and fridge. I would stay here again when I return to San Juan.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Rooms are well equipped with a microwave as well as a fridge, clean and located near to bars and shops!!
Not far from Condado Beach which is new San Juan but also not far from old San Juan, when we stayed breakfast was supposed to be included but they had changed their system and so we had to get tickets from reception which enabled a very small and not what we were expecting choice for breakfast or pay more if you wanted something that we got as standard in the holiday inn the year before!!
Ideal if you are on a budget or just need somewhere for a few days before or after a cruise which is what we did.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple