“Great Location without the great location Price!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Miramar

Hotel Miramar
Ranked #18 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
New York City, New York
“Great Location without the great location Price!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

I just got back from spending an amazing 5 day weekend in PR. Jill, who is the morning receptionist at Hotel Miramar definitely made it easy for me and my friends to get comfortable. She made sure we had all the right tools to help us get around. We booked the El Yunke and Bio-Luminous tour which she highly recommended and it turned out to be the highlight of our trip. Along with the great location she is one of the reasons why I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is thinking about visiting PR.

In not so great news, the night staff isn't as nice. Jose Rodriguez, who is in charge of the night shift on Saturdays (I'm assuming) is completely unprofessional. My cousin who is a flight attendant for JET Blue had a 12 hour layover and decided to meet us back at the hotel. Jose decided to call up to my room and say that if my guest did not leave he was going to charge my account an extra $25. He said that since it was 12am he would give my cousin ten minutes to pack up and go! Needless to say we were appalled. People who have zero knowledge in costumer service shouldn't be involved in the hospitality industry.

Overall, our stay was pleasant and I recommend this hotel to anyone who is planning to visit the island.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Leandra E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Tacoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

We stayed at the Miramar for 10 nights a few weeks ago on our very first trip to Puerto Rico. Arriving too early for normal check-in, we were informed of a nice, cheap place to eat just a block down the street to get some lunch and wait for our room. The staff is just incredible with efficiency and helpfulness. When we wanted to take the local bus to Viejo San Juan, one of them asked if we needed change (75 cents) for the trip. When we rented a car for 3 days, one of them took the car keys and parked it right in the front. Parking is very difficult to come by in that area, but there was our little rental car in a prime spot each morning!

The building is older, for sure, but the renovations made these "negatives" negligible. The bathroom was clean, the bed was firm, the airconditioning was cold, the flat screen tv was nice (just in time for the London Olympics each night), and the internet worked well so I could use my Kindle Fire.

The elevator was a little on the slow side. One night, we heard a woman scream (and I mean scream) over and over again "open the m*f*in door." I thought she was locked out of her room, then I realized that she was mentally unstable instead. When the elevator finally arrived, she stopped her screaming, got into the elevator, and went on her way.

Our minibus tour to El Yunque stopped at various other hotels to pick up guests. Next time we are in PR, we will choose to stay at the Miramar over El San Juan, Marriott or Sheraton. How many of them have a Pueblo supermarket one block down the street where you can get Puerto Rican coffee, bottled water, and other necessities?

Room Tip: Higher floor to minimize street noise.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bendog2000
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

I stayed at the Miramar hotel in San Juan, the hotel itself is fairly small but cozy. The rooms were kept clean and the accommodations were good. But to be completely honest my stay there was taken up several notches by it's friendly, helpful personnel. I can't forget to mention Jill, the front desk clerk n concierge that was always available even on her free time to assist us. Thanks Jill! In a nutshell, you can't go wrong! Inexpensive n quality service!

Room Tip: Ocean view
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ramon C
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

We weren't sure what to expect when we booked this hotel but I am happy to say that out overall experience was quite nice. The building is dated but very well kept and clean. Rooms were adaquate, clean & comfortable. Beds were comfy although they are by no means luxurious.
Elevator is really... Really... Really slow. But hey, your in Puerto Rico, not even the elevators are in a hurry here! Only 8 floors so not much of an issue. No pool but there is a well kept, nice sun deck on the roof. The staff is more than accommodating and very friendly. Connected to the hotel is a very nice bistro. Bistro 606. Nice menu and good food. Here on business and works nicely but not a place I would stay for vacation. Not close enough to the beach for me!
Overall great experience and will return.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank JSFReview
Toms River, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

By far the cleanest hotel rooms Ive ever slept in. The bathroom and showers were spotless, even the mirror! Im very impressed with the cleaning crew. Walter at the front was very helpful, any questions I had he had the answers to, he did everything in his power to make our stay as pleasureable as possible. Wonderful hotel and wonderful staff! would stay here again and would recommend this hotel to family and friends

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank jrzygirl88
New Baltimore, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

The cleanest room I've ever stayed in period. The first thing I do when I check into a room is look for evidence that other people have stayed there too, LOL, especially the bathroom and shower. I've stayed here three times, 10 days last summer, 3 days a couple months ago, and another 10 days just recently, I looked and looked and could find no fault with this wonderful place, yeah, I'm a "germ freak"! I've stayed all over our Blessed Nation in some of the supposedly finest Hotels, but there housekeeping services don't hold a candle to the people that work here. The staff is neat, friendly and helpful; Walter at front desk is awesome!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank michelle e
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

The best service I've had ever. Especially from Jill at the front desk she was very helpful friendly and made sure out stay was pleasurable and fun. Grade A customer service and cleanliness is guaranteed. Location is not the best but busses and taxis are easily accessible.

• Stayed August 2012