“AMAZING!!!”

Charlie's Custom Day Tours Puerto Rico
Ranked #6 of 129 Tours in San Juan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Charlie's Custom Tours Puerto Rico is a father and son team specializing in providing unique transportation comforts and overview throughout the main island. Maximum occupancy eight (8) per vehicles (2). Registered Super Host and endorsed by Puerto Rico Tourism Company. Please take a quick peek at web site. It will answer many questions.
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We loved Carlos as much as the tour. We wanted to experience as much as we could in Puerto Rico. We did not plan a specific tour just told Carlos to take us to what he thought were the best places. We saw from the city to the country side to everything in between. He had us sample local foods and fruits and we even got to talk to a local artist. He made great use of every moment he had with us. Charlie was great! We looked like celebs in a private van and we felt like it also. Thank you Carlos for an amazing trip. We really felt like we were leaving a friend behind at the end of the day.

1  Thank Jenshined
CCTPR, Owner at Charlie's Custom Day Tours Puerto Rico, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Hola Jenshined
Rookies to Puerto Rico I must say are my favorite especially when given the captains chair... No holds bared with me.. Its the real deal from mingling with the locals to a sit down authentic Puerto Rican lunch... Hart attack on a plate (LOL)... Why I'm still standing is thanks to my doctor and a few great pills (LOL).... Cruising in style never hurt either... Muchas Gracias, CCTPR Carlos your AMIGO always....

There are newer reviews for Charlie's Custom Day Tours Puerto Rico

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We’re a family of 5 in San Juan the day before our cruise. I did a little research and found Charlie’s Custom Tours. We had a great time with Carlos, he is so energetic and knowledgeable. We visited the Forts, enjoyed Presidents walk, cruising the streets of Old San Juan, lunch at road side eatery, great food, mask gallery and a cave in Loiza then a coastal drive back to San Juan. The bad part, the 6 hours went by so fast. Thank You for a great day in San Juan.

Hola Mike
We packed in a lot in them 6 hours... I too wised we could have gone on and on but that boat waits for no one... I'm so happy you enjoyed your visit... Showing off Puerto Rico is just invigorating for me.. There's no switch for turning me off (LOL)... Muchas Gracias for your kind words... CCTPR Carlos

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Our family of 8 (ages 13 to 45) booked the El Yunque tour and could not have been more pleased. Carlos was an awesome tour guide who was professional, knowledgeable, and most importantly passionate about his job. We happen to be in PR when a tropical storm threatened so we were confronted with an unexpected challenge as the Gov't decided to close El Yunque. Carlos knew exactly where to take us for a shortened, but incredible, rainforest experience, then improvised the rest of the afternoon to provide a private beach and cave experience. You will not go wrong with Carlos. By the end of your tour you will consider him a friend. Muchas Gracias Carlos

CCTPR, Owner at Charlie's Custom Day Tours Puerto Rico, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Hola Javnn100
There's more than one way to skin a cat in Puerto Rico when Mother Nature is not kind... We have four more rain forest to choose from... Not ruled by the federal government... I must admit even more impressive than El Yunque when you through in coffee and caves... We had a great time.. Your new AMIGO always... Muchas Gracias, CCTPR Carlos

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Our family spent two solid days with Carlos and it was the highlight of our vacation. We have two childre (10 and 7) and wanted to expose them to more than just a beachside hotel. Carlos took us on the El Yunque and the "ulitmate PR tour" and it was wonderful.

The kids enjoyed the hike through the rainforest and the tour through Ponce, Cueva Ventana, and Cueva del Indio, but be forewarned - if you are uncomfortable with heights the caves may not be for you. The eateries we visited were top notch. My son is still raving about the ribs, and is asking me to find a recipe.

All in all, I can't say enough nice things regarding our tours with Carlos, We left feeling like family members and will definitely book him again when we get back to PR.

1  Thank Robert380
CCTPR, Owner at Charlie's Custom Day Tours Puerto Rico, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Hola Robert
We have to admit.. After spending two wonderful days together... Feeling like family is an understatement (LOL)... Tell the kids and Carol, Uncle Charlie can't wait for my new nephew & niece return... Muchas Gracias for sharing, CCTPR Carlos

Reviewed August 12, 2013

After reading the trip advisor reviews about Carlos and 'Charlie', we had to try it. The reviews were totally accurate. From the second we met Carlos, we had a great 5 hour tour. It was by far, the best private tour we have ever had. Carlos has an amazing personality and was a lot of fun. He amazed us with his knowledge of San Juan and showed us parts that a regular tour wouldn't go. His van, 'Charlie'. is a state of the art touring system. Upon returning home, a 160 picture disc of our tour highlights was in our mailbox and emailed as well. An awesome finishing touch. We will be back to see Carlos again in the near future. Highly recommended!

1  Thank Al K

Hola Al
I can't be more elated reading I made top self in your travels... Even more enthusiastic about your next visit to the Island of Enchantment.... I've got plenty more up my sleeve.. Waiting with open arms... Muchas Gracias, CCTPR Carlos