“Extended day in Puerto Rico”

Charlie's Custom Day Tours Puerto Rico
Ranked #5 of 127 Tours in San Juan
More attraction details
Owner description: Charlie's Custom Tours Puerto Rico and Super Host services specialize in providing unique transportation comforts and overview throughout the main island. Maximum occupancy eight (8). Registered Super Host and endorsed by Puerto Rico Tourism Company. Please take a quick peek at web site. It will answer many questions.
Greenville, South Carolina
“Extended day in Puerto Rico”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

We were on a cruise and our stay in Puerto Rico was extended until 10 pm. Originally had Carlos for four hours ended up having him for eight. It was the best eight ours of the trip. We got to see the rain forest, had an awesome lunch, drives up the coastline, art, caves and forts all while being highly entertained and educated by Carlos. The kids loved him, we loved him and it was one of the highlights of our trip. The value and experience of having someone take you around on a personal tour is worth every penny. Would recommend him a million times over. The best!!

Visited April 2013
CCTPR, Owner at Charlie's Custom Day Tours Puerto Rico, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Hola Beth D
I rarely accept double headers in one day for one of these reasons... WOW!!! What a day we had and the kids made our trek that much more fun. I have no doubt convincing them for a sight seeing tour rather than zip lining our something else was no easy task. At the end the hugs I received was more gratifying to me than any compensation I could have ever received.. Say Hi to the GANG!!! Muchas Gracias, CCTPR Carlos

Mascouche, Canada
“For a great time in Puerto Rico - Book Carlos and Charlie!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

If you are on a cruise and stopping in San Juan, don’t miss the opportunity of touring San Juan with Carlos. My family and I booked Carlos and Charlie (the ultra smooth ride you will be touring in) after reading all the great reviews on internet and do not hesitate to do the same, you will not be disappointed. Our cruise ship was in port from 3:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. and since our time was limited we decided to do the Old and New San Juan Tour (4 hours). Carlos was waiting for us at the pier and he had snacks and refreshments waiting for us in Charlie.

Carlos adds his own touch to the tour, making you feel right at home, he his a gentleman and very professional. Time passed too fast, but the memories of this tour will last forever. The highlight of the tour was stopping in Piñones to eat a little snack by the roadside.

Thank you again Carlos for the amazing time we had visiting San Juan Puerto Rico and all the pictures you sent to us. I hope I have the opportunity to visit Puerto Rico again and I will be sure to book another tour with you. I highly recommend Carlos and Charlie for anyone who wants a fabulous time in Puerto Rico.

Hola NicloleLynne
Late afternoon cruise arrivals can be challenging for any excursion/tour provider but you took my advice and made that extra effort getting off that boat ASAP and it went a long way. I myself was surprised how much we did before sunset. I hope next time you're here you'll give me a little more time to play with (LOL)... Say Hi to Sis & Mom!!! Muchas Gracias, CCTPR Carlos
San Clemente, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“OUR TOUR WITH CHARLIE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

What a delite! Perfect guide and trip! Above and beyond expectations!
Carlos met us on time. He was jovial and knowledgeable. The van was extremely clean and comfortable. The tour was four hours; it was so interesting that the time flew by.
I highly recommend charlie's CUSTOM DAY TOURS OF PUERTO RICO

1 Thank hichuck
Hola hichuck
Ooh!!! How time flies when having fun!!! We packed in a lot in those four hours. I'm so happy you enjoyed cruising the streets of Old and New San Juan in style and comfort of Charlie. How can I not be excited showing off my beloved Island of Enchantment... Muchas Gracias, CCTPR Carlos
Bel Air, Maryland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Outstanding and Unique Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Carlos is an exceptional host and guide and you can count on having an outstanding, interesting journey no matter what trip you select. We all enjoyed ourselves immensely and everyone commented on what a rare treat it was to see and do so much that went far beyond what most tours would offer.

Our trip included the El Yunque Rainforest and also a drive along the coast road through Loiza and Pinones (not to be missed). The visit to the art studio of the famous artist Samuel Lind (if available on the day of your trip) is a unique and fascinating experience for anyone who enjoys oil painting, sculpture and serigraph prints.

Hola TASJ1
What a fun bunch you guys & gals are!!! We did the medium trail and you guys passed with flying colors. Our stops along Loiza galleries and scenic ocean drive back to SJ were icing on the cake.. We truly had a wonderful day. Your kind words make me that more determined to provide that something extra special to remember and cherish... Muchas Gracias, CCTPR Carlos
Forest, VA
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Carlos is THE BEST”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

He was recommended to us by a friend. We (four couples) were on a multi island tour and wanted to set up our plans on each island if we could. Carlos is #1!!! We got off our boat and he was there to greet us with a smile! He loaded us into Charlie and we begin our day tour around San Juan. He took us first to El Morro. It's a self guided tour usually so you're on your own. How cool it was for Carlos to give us a guided tour and take beautiful pictures as we went through the facility. Fascinating and what things you learn with a tour guide. It was really warm that day and getting back into Charlie, we were greeted with beer and soft drinks to quench our thirst. We traveled down to the statues of the Presidents were he had us pose for some hilarious photos. We stopped and visited several of the other top sites in San Juan as well. We stopped at a local bakery/lunch place where the coffee and the pastries were delicious! We ended our day with a tour through Hotel El Convento and a walk down the adjoining streets walking past the cats. We plan to see Carlos again. He also hooked me up with Bernardo Morales at the GranBatey Coffee Company. Puerto Rico is a big secret to the world as far as coffee goes, but when you try it, you'll be pleasantly surprised and a now "must have" in our home!

Visited February 2013
Hola MrKaffee
Charlie earned his keep that wonderful day with a full load. One quick correction, we actually visited Castillo San Cristobal (fort) of the two in San Juan is my favorite. I always walk with my guest making sure you take in the best the fort has to offer. Charlies remote start cooled cabin and frig really come in handy for a quick next stop. When it comes to Gran Batey coffee I too can have no other!!! I'm looking forward to round two in PR!!! Muchas Gracias, CCTPR Carlos