“Look no further.”
Review of Olimpo Court Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Juan
Olimpo Court Hotel
Ranked #36 of 48 Hotels in San Juan
Boston, MA
“Look no further.”
Reviewed July 23, 2009

If you are looking for budget accomodations in San Juan then look no further. Now don't expect, tropical swimming pools, gourmet restaurants, ammenities galore, or the beach at your doorstep, but what you can expect, is a very clean quiet comfortable room with air conditioning, a full private bath, an in room safe and cable TV with a helpful and freindly staff. To get to the resort areas, restaurants or the beach, you will need to take a taxi or the bus. However, location aside, this is what a budget hotel should be. Besides, the bus stop is only a half a block away and will take you anywhere in the San Juan Metro area cheaply.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
3 Thank sjukyd65

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
The Valley
Reviewed July 6, 2009

Whenever me and my husband travel to puerto rico we stay at Olimpo Court. In short walking distances you have a 24/7 restaurant, dominoes, supermarket, pharmacy, shopping and your about 3 to 4 blocks from a theatre and bus rides away from the famous mall plaza las americas and many other exciting places. The rooms could have been a bit bigger but it makes up for how clean their keep and you usually don't spend much time there anyway, so many places to go. Norma and Jose are so helpful and pleasant they complete the package. The price is suitable for the deal. Were always satisfied at the end of our stay

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
3 Thank Dove28
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 5, 2009

I travel frequently to Puerto Rico and I am very familiar with San Juan and the rest of the island. I knew this hotel was in an inconvenient location and I was also ready for a low budget accommodation. I choose this hotel because I had a late night flight and needed to sleep only for a few hours before driving to my next destination. After sending some e-mails asking for information and pointing out to my late night arrival, I gave the hotel my credit card number and personal information as requested. In one e-mail, the hotel manager reassured me, even though the hotel did not have a 24 hours reception desk, that they would leave my room key with the watchman. I called and e-mailed the hotel a couple of times as I was experiencing very poor communication and little response, up to finally, my reservation was completed. When I arrived to the hotel, located in a dark and isolated street, I was informed by the friendly and solitary watchman that the reception was closed and he was not expecting any guest. As I requested his help, he made a phone call and then informed me that my credit card did not work, so no reservation was made. I was never informed about this situation. To end my adventure, he told us that I was welcome to sit in a chair in the bare and simple lobby or search for another hotel. After some more talk, I noticed it was pass 4:30 A.M. so I decided to drive to my next destination where I did not have any problem with my reservation - as I never have had before my Olimpo Court shocking experience.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
8 Thank soraya-marc
Burlington, VT
Reviewed April 20, 2009

Our group of 7 (with 3 teenagers) was looking to find a decent place w/ good value, for our first night ever in PR. Found this place through TripAdviser & we found it met our expectations. In a very safe neighborhood w/ a staff that was attentive to our needs. We got two rooms w/ enough beds for all & slept comfortably. Rooms were basic, but clean & met our needs; ours had a small fridge, microwave & a balcony overlooking the harbor. Only thing missing was some coffee and fruit in the lobby in the morning.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Montreal,Quebec
Reviewed April 7, 2009

After reading many reviews my wife and I chose the Olimpo Court Hotel for a two night stay in San Juan. We were pleasantly surprised.
CLEAN: The hotel was clean, beds, bathroom and room in general.
COMFORTABLE: Although the room was small, The beds were comfortable, plus it has
all the ammenities we needed air conditioning, microwave, fridge,
kitchenette, cable TV.
CONVENIENT: 75 Cent bus ride to Old San Juan. Restaurants both fast food - Subway's
Domino's as well as an upscale restaurant within the hotel and a few
authentic Puerto Rican local restaurants ( Los Pinos ) Local supermarket
Pueblo if you just want snack foods for your room.
CURTIOUS: Upon arrival we were greeted by Jose, very gracious and helpful, next
day we met Norma who was as helpful and gracious. Both of these
people were a great example of the many pleasant people we did meet
while in San Juan.
COST: After many hours on the computer trying to find a reasonable hotel, we lucked out
the cost for this hotel was in our range for a 2 night stay before we got on our
cruise, and we definately made the right decision.

We would recommend this hotel to anyone we knew who were going to San Juan, do not expect a pool or beachfront, ( 15 minute walk to public beach ) but do expect the five things my wife and I look for when traveling and planning short stays in specific areas.

Bill & Sue
Montreal, Quebec
Canada

My wife and I have traveled a lot in the past 50 years, and we very seldom make reservations in advance, we like to see the culture of the places we go to so most often do try to stay in the center of the culture. believe me we have had some bad experiences but this wa

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alivia-Hank
Naples Florida
Reviewed March 31, 2009

my first time and for the price was a good experience , also the location was great
the staff friendly and positve and helpfull thanks to Jose and Norma I would stay again
the Resturant el Chayote was great , good food and very nice people on the staff . I enjoyed and my wife too , thanks

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Belo Horizonte, MG
Reviewed February 4, 2009

For the prices I was seeing, this hotel had an affordable price, although I think Puerto Rico is an expensive place to go. But it worths. The city of San Juan is beautiful, modern and the historic part is conserved. So, I have seen some comments here in TripAdvisor and resolved to take a chance on this hotel. Actually it was more than I thought. The hotel is being renewed, so the main entrance and lobby are modern and new. The parking area is wide and safe. I was a little affraid about the pictures I have seen in internet, but everything was better than imagined. The room still needs to be reformed and renewed; instead, it is clean and spacious. The bathroom seemed to be renewed as it was looking a little bit more new than the room. The room decor is not that good. TV is old, but enough, as we spent more time out of the hotel. Concluding, I would stay there again. It was a good option for the prices used in San Juan. Staff are friendly.

• Liked — Location, Rates.
  • Disliked — Old decor in the room.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple