Olimpo Court Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in San Juan
See available hotels
Hotel Miramar(San Juan)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsplace to sleeppuerto ricoair conditioneracross the streetold san juanwalking distancesupermarketmiramarmicrowavejosetaxiamenitiesprrooftop
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 7, 2009

After reading many reviews my wife and I chose the Olimpo Court Hotel for a two night stay in San Juan. We were pleasantly surprised.
CLEAN: The hotel was clean, beds, bathroom and room in general.
COMFORTABLE: Although the room was small, The beds were comfortable, plus it has
all the ammenities we needed air conditioning, microwave, fridge,
kitchenette, cable TV.
CONVENIENT: 75 Cent bus ride to Old San Juan. Restaurants both fast food - Subway's
Domino's as well as an upscale restaurant within the hotel and a few
authentic Puerto Rican local restaurants ( Los Pinos ) Local supermarket
Pueblo if you just want snack foods for your room.
CURTIOUS: Upon arrival we were greeted by Jose, very gracious and helpful, next
day we met Norma who was as helpful and gracious. Both of these
people were a great example of the many pleasant people we did meet
while in San Juan.
COST: After many hours on the computer trying to find a reasonable hotel, we lucked out
the cost for this hotel was in our range for a 2 night stay before we got on our
cruise, and we definately made the right decision.

We would recommend this hotel to anyone we knew who were going to San Juan, do not expect a pool or beachfront, ( 15 minute walk to public beach ) but do expect the five things my wife and I look for when traveling and planning short stays in specific areas.

Bill & Sue
Montreal, Quebec
Canada

My wife and I have traveled a lot in the past 50 years, and we very seldom make reservations in advance, we like to see the culture of the places we go to so most often do try to stay in the center of the culture. believe me we have had some bad experiences but this wa

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alivia-Hank
Reviewed March 31, 2009

my first time and for the price was a good experience , also the location was great
the staff friendly and positve and helpfull thanks to Jose and Norma I would stay again
the Resturant el Chayote was great , good food and very nice people on the staff . I enjoyed and my wife too , thanks

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2009

For the prices I was seeing, this hotel had an affordable price, although I think Puerto Rico is an expensive place to go. But it worths. The city of San Juan is beautiful, modern and the historic part is conserved. So, I have seen some comments here in TripAdvisor and resolved to take a chance on this hotel. Actually it was more than I thought. The hotel is being renewed, so the main entrance and lobby are modern and new. The parking area is wide and safe. I was a little affraid about the pictures I have seen in internet, but everything was better than imagined. The room still needs to be reformed and renewed; instead, it is clean and spacious. The bathroom seemed to be renewed as it was looking a little bit more new than the room. The room decor is not that good. TV is old, but enough, as we spent more time out of the hotel. Concluding, I would stay there again. It was a good option for the prices used in San Juan. Staff are friendly.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2009

We stayed at the Olimpo Court Hotel on our way back from the BVI's. It's a nice hotel, a great value and very clean. The desk clerk who greeted us, Jose, was friendly and accommodating. We read about the restaurant attached to the hotel (El Chayotte) and wanted to eat there, but we were pretty casual after 10 days on a sailboat and didn't feel like dressing up. So we browsed the nearby restaurants and discovered the newly opened Lima Restaurant, which served superb Peruvian cuisine. I loved their take on skirt steak and the seafood ceviche was excellent.

• Stayed: January 2009
1  Thank Bertman
Reviewed February 19, 2008

Very nice place to stay,staff very helpful and friendly.Clean nice upscale art decco look in the rooms.Small rooms ,but very much to our surprise,we loved the place.It is not in the best area.But lets get real,cops carry machine guns and wear bullet proof vests every where in San Juan.You can take a 50 cent bus ride into Old San Juan.We felt very safe here and there is a grocery 50 yards around the corner.We will stay here again the next time we travel to P.R.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple