“very nice find”
Review of Olimpo Court Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Juan
Olimpo Court Hotel
Ranked #36 of 48 Hotels in San Juan
Upper Sandusky, Ohio
“very nice find”
Reviewed February 19, 2008

Very nice place to stay,staff very helpful and friendly.Clean nice upscale art decco look in the rooms.Small rooms ,but very much to our surprise,we loved the place.It is not in the best area.But lets get real,cops carry machine guns and wear bullet proof vests every where in San Juan.You can take a 50 cent bus ride into Old San Juan.We felt very safe here and there is a grocery 50 yards around the corner.We will stay here again the next time we travel to P.R.

• Liked — Rooms
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
5 Thank kaatok

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
brooklyn
Reviewed February 10, 2008

The staff was really friendly and helpful. There isn't really too much to do in this area, but there was a good cheap restaurant called los pinos close by.
The room was clean, but the building is definitely not modern. Didn't have any problems with bugs or noise. The atmosphere in the room wasn't very pleasant, but for the money, it's a pretty good deal if you're just looking for a cheap place to sleep.
Also, free parking across the street.
When I called to confirm my reservation, they didn't have my name down. So, whoever I spoke with the first time said I had a room reserved when in fact, he must have done something wrong. I would definitely recommend confirming your room well before you go.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank desayuno
Antigua
Reviewed December 27, 2007

So, we were booked to stay in this hotel that a friend of my mum's said was absolutely amazing but when we got there it turned out to be a total dump.
We said thanks but no thanks, and got back into the taxi we came in and started looking for another place to say. The driver recommended Olimpio Court. It was amazing. At first we thought it was because the other hotel was so dingy but no, it was really good. The room was always clean, the beds were comfy and I loved the view from the terrace. It was really homey and the staff was really friendly and nice. I remember one night the maintenance man helped me learn some Spanish strums on my guitar and taught me a 'bolero'.
There was a supermarket down the road and so we stocked up on little things to keep us comforable like ice-cream, strawberries and frozen dinners which we would pop into the microwave.
All in all, the four nights we spent there were a blast. Some days we just wanted to have a lie in... but everything was a 50 cent bus ride away... all the major malls and what nots.
I would recommend this to anyone.

• Liked — The beds
  • Disliked — Didn't have internet access
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
4 Thank fresaykiwi
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed March 21, 2007

After our flight back to the US was cancelled we needed to find a place to spend a few nights in San Juan until we could get back home. After being ripped off in old San Juan for the previous few days it was an absolute pleasure to come across the Olimpo Court Hotel. While the rooms are fairly basic they are exceptionally clean and with cable and AC it was a total bargain at $91 a night. They also have a great rooftop area with a view. It is easy to get to old San Juan and the airport by bus from the hotel, saving money on cabs. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful at all times. If you're on a budget and want somewhere clean and friendly to stay in San Juan then you should come here.

• Liked — cleanliness, friendliness and price
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
8 Thank etb2102
Reviewed September 8, 2005

The room and bathroom looked clean but there were a lot of bed bugs. We didn't have a very comfortable night, and the situation got worse as the rash incresaed over the next few days. We also didn't get a room with a microwave. The location isn't great, I would recommend to stay in Old San Juan instead (where we spent a couple of nights and loved it). The additional $20 or $30 for hotels in Old San Juan is worth it.

• Stayed September 2005
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 17, 2005

This place is great! It was in a residential area, so there wasnt much to do in the general vicinity, but a quick bus ride (50 cents!) can take u to old san juan, and its about a 20 minute walk, or 5 minute cab ride to a small lagoon beach in condado. The room we stayed in had a huge bed and a microwave (I wished I had a fridge instead). The room was clean, had a tv with tons of channels, and a decent sized bathroom. The only thing I didnt like was that the water pressure in the shower wasnt great. The staff was super friendly and helpful, they told us places to go, and gave helpful hits of places to avoid. There is also a WONDERFUL restaurant adjacent to the hotel, El Chayote. It is SUPER expensive, but worth it! I had the most tender and juicy veal chop ever, with a delish goat cheese risotto. The desert was also amazing. While Olimpo isnt the most glamourous hotel in the world, it was certainly worth every penny. I had a great stay there, and for the price and the people, I would definetly stay here again!

• Stayed February 2005
15 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 31, 2004

There have been some changes at the Olimpo Court Hotel, but the professionalism and services still remain the same. They were quite knowledgeable about directions if you are looking to travel outside San Juan, e.g., like the famous Hato Rey Mall, quite beautiful and breath-taking, or to Old San Juan, where you can go during the day and shop for Coach or Dooney & Burke Bags, just to name a few. Directions were great. The staff was very polite, knowledgeable and professional, yet gracious. Exclusively nice and accommodating. The room was always clean, the beds were always made nice and clean, plenty of towels, small kitchen was great and the microwave was quite accommodating. All in all, my son and I enjoyed our stay there, and if I ever go back to San Juan......I'M GOING TO THE OLIMPO COURT HOTEL.....You don't need expensive and costly to enjoy your stay.......the Olimpo Court Hotel was great........terrace was breathtaking.......stores around the corner......clean towels........great service.....Day/Night Clerks were great and informative.......LOVED IT ALL......Brought back many memories.........IN LOVE WITH THE OLIMPO COURT HOTEL......

25 Thank A TripAdvisor Member