“Good location for the price”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #31 of 48 Hotels in San Juan
Washington, DC
“Good location for the price”
Reviewed March 8, 2011

This hotel was surprisingly a good value. We had a large group staying at the hotel both prior to and after our wedding in Puerto Rico. The staff were, for the most part, very nice and helpful. A few times, they made weird comments, but overall ok.

Parking ($10.00/day) is very very very limited to 11 cars per day, so make sure to check in as early as possible to get a parking pass. Otherwise, you will have to feed the parking meter every few hours or park in one of the lots within a few block radius for about $10.00-$15.00. Business center consists of 2 computer terminals which were always taken. Luckily, the hotel provides free wi-fi and we brought a netbook, so it all worked out. Beds and pillows were surprisingly comfortable.

The pool looked very clean and pretty, although we never had a chance to use it. It looked like beach towels were provided for guests. The beach is one block away. Great shopping and restaurants line the main street nearby (Ashford Ave.), with one or two casinos also closeby. The highway exit to and from the airport is a few blocks away.

The free continental breakfast was a great treat each morning - hot coffee, fresh bananas, hot hard boiled eggs, pastries, cereal, and hot waffles.

Overall good value.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Sparks, Nevada
Reviewed February 1, 2011

I made reservations In October 2010 for a king non-smoking room, through Orbitz at this hotel. I paid for a King non-smoking when I booked it. I flew 9 hours to get to Puerto Rico the day of my reservation. When I got there I was informed that the only room available was a room with 2 double beds. I'm 6' 2" and have been traveling all day and paid for a King. They told me I would have to take up the issue with Orbitz. So I called them right away and then they called the hotel, who told them (Orbitz) that they couldn't give me a price break or any other form of compenstation until they spoke with the manager, who wouldn't be in until Monday. This is Sat. night, and I'm leaving on a cruise Sunday. So I called Orbitz upon my return home. They in- turn called the hotel again and the manager told them that they offered me a smoking room, which was a total LIE, as I would have taken the king smoking for one night, not that big of a deal. But they straight out LIED to Orbitz and said they would not refund any of my bill for the inconvience. Orbitz then told me that they couldn't do anything for me either. So I ask you,....You book a room 4 months in advance, pay for it, then get there and are told by the clerk, "this happens all the time with Orbitz", then neither party will make it right. Why bother, I told Orbitz they would never get my business again and I would pass thay on to all my friends and co-workers who travel, as well as Comfort Inn. They are both worthless!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank bcharbonneau
Reviewed January 30, 2011

Not as advertised. No ocean view. Pool was the size of
a postage stamp with 7 chairs. Front desk check in person
was beyond rude. Stay at the Marriott or anyplace else.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank amynlarr
Ontario, California
Reviewed September 5, 2010

My adult daughter and I traveled to Puerto Rico for six days/nights and stayed four of them at the Comfort Inn in San Juan. It is just a block from the beach, which we enjoyed just twice - since we traveled around other parts of Puerto Rico much of the time. Parking is limited to about 10 cars. We arrived after midnight the first night and parked on the street. We then left the area and stayed at other hotels on the island the next two night. Prior to returning to the Comfort Inn, I called ahead and asked if parking was available; it was, and they saved a spot for me for the next three nights; the cost is $10 per night. The hotel has an adequate breakfast included with the room rate. The staff were friendly and helpful. The beds and pillows were the best my daughter and I have had at any hotel (even better than a the two resort hotels we stayed at subsequently in Florida. Enjoy them! The pool is not for small children; the shallowest part is 5 feet! We stayed in three different rooms during our stay; the AC noise levels do vary by room, but were certainly tolerable. The wireless internet did not work in all the rooms we occupied. There is no guest laundry nor a self-service laundry within walking distance. The front desk staff recommended a laundry a few miles down the road in Ocean Park. I went on a Sunday evening and could not find parking; so I went back the next morning at 6:15 and parked in the small lot of an adjacent restaurant, which worked out fine. FYI, I used Choice Privileges points for my stay, but look forward to staying here on my next trip to San Juan - whether I use point or pay.

• Stayed July 2010
2 Thank DandDTravelers
Miami, Florida
Reviewed June 7, 2010

Stayed here with my sister for 2 nights. My sister and I did not have a car so we used a cab to take us from the hotel to Mall of the America's, it was $20, not bad at all. The hotel iteself was excellent, it was clean which is my biggest requirement, we stayed on the first floor. The room itself wasn't that big a deal, very BASIC, but it worked and its all we really needed. We tried the continental breakfast one day and it was good. The vending machines were not in working order but the staff helped us get bottle water when we asked. Also, there was a lot of noise in the hotel, partially because the floors are tiled so every time someone closed their door it was a LOUD bang. Nothing unbearable though. I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed April 2010
1 Thank dlmyvette
Chicago
Reviewed May 31, 2010

We booked a five night stay here at the end of April for a wedding we were attending. Most of the other guests stayed at a nicer hotel down the street, but we were looking for a more budget-friendly option and found it at the Comfort Inn.

The room was clean and there was enough room for both of our large suitcases as well as for us to spread out. The bathroom needs some updating, but for the most part was clean. The a/c worked, but the room smelled a bit musty, but it would go away when we turned the a/c on.

The free breakfast each morning is a huge bonus. In addition to your usual cereal, oatmeal, pastries and coffee, there are also hard boiled eggs and a waffle iron. The hotel is within walking distance to nicer hotels where you are able to access several beaches. There's also free wireless internet.

I spent a bit of time by the pool, which was clean and cool. We were also able to park our car in the lot right in front of the lobby for $10/day. There is easy street parking nearby, but most of it is metered, which goes from 8am - 12am, so it's worth it to pay for parking, which includes in and out privileges. I would suggest calling ahead to the hotel to reserve a spot if you plan on parking, since all of the spots were full the first day we were there.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KChanimal
Utah
Reviewed April 19, 2010

We stayed at the Comfort Inn one night prior to leaving on a cruise. We were traveling with 11 friends and had booked 3 rooms (2 rooms with 4 people, 1 with 3 people.) We arrived after 11:00 p.m. and check in was quick. The 2 4-people rooms were upstairs and commented on how slow the elevators were. The 3rd room was on the main floor and wanted us to sleep 3 adults in 1 king bed. After we refused, the clerk offered to bring in a cot, which he did quickly. (We had purchased the rooms on travelocity before and had to pay extra for each person.) The room on the main floor must have been some sort of closet that was remodeled because there were no windows. There was a large walk-in closet though!
Breakfast is nice with fresh waffles and made-to order eggs. And it's very close to nice shopping and the beach. We pretty much slept and ate breakfast here then left.
Overall I would stay here again for 1 night but not for an extended vacation.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends