“As a wheelchair user” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #32 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Peabody, Massachusetts
“As a wheelchair user”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

The accessible room was pretty good. The door to enter the room had a card that you pressed against a reader and a lever handle to open the door, it was a little heavy. The storage drawers were accessible. The bathroom had a large sink with no cabinet below and the shower was a roll in type. It only had a small plastic seat in it but I bring my own padded travel transfer bench and it fit in the shower. It had a hand held shower hose. The toilet was a raised type. The mirrors were low enough to see yourself. The closet had small doors and it was difficult to reach in and access the hangers and bar. The beds were pretty high to transfer into but they were comfortable. The light controls were within reach as were most outlets. The ramp to enter the hotel was pretty steep, greater than code of 8.3% but there was a push button to open the door. The offered breakfast was very good with omelets, sausages, cereal, muffins..... things were pretty accessible by side approach and the staff was very helpful and even helped to take things back to my room. There was no lift for the pool but stairs and a railing going in. There was maid service every day and fresh towels. The hotel itself was about a block back from the beach but really a great location. Just a roll up the street and it was the main Blvd with the beach, all the major hotels and casinos and plenty of great places to eat. I was told there was accessible bus service to Old San Juan, about 15/20 min away, but I was hard pressed to find it and I don't think there were accessible taxis. I hooked up with Transportation Publico through the San Juan Independent Living Center and they had vans with lifts. For the price I would stay there again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank tmuxie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
long island, ny
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

I needed one night in San Juan before flying out to culebra. Because I was there for winter break and everything was sold out or too expensive, we decided to just stay here since it was cheap and it was only for sleeping.. It was clean and fine.. Bathroom is tiny with no counter space and the toilet has to be flushed like 5x to get it flushed..around the block from the beach, and nice restaurants.. Great wifi!! The free breakfast I glanced at, and decided not to try anything but the coffee.. Even that was gross.. Overall for 12 hours of sleeping its fine, more than that go elsewhere!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank mellowkat
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

Manager Azmina was available and helpful as were the other staff members. Your hotel was comfortable and very convenient to stores and beach. I also appreciated the room our group met in downstairs. The computer was easily available. Staff members even helped with my computer goofs. Although I never used the pool, I understand it was seldom crowded.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ruthasowby
Layton, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

This hotel is only a block from the beach and in a nice neighborhood with plenty of shopping and restaurants nearby. The staff was very helpfull with recommendations of what to do or where to go in San Juan. The rooms were nice and the breakfast area and lobby were good. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

Wow, where to start?

Came in to the very nicely decorated and modern reception, instantly hit with the atmosphere of a sauna. This hotel has the worst damp problem I've ever seen and I've spent a lot of time working in abandoned buildings.

We booked a king size double room, which was like a tropical rain-forest. Fittings falling apart, everything metal starting to rust, an AC system which couldn't cope with the moisture, fittings very shabby and everything dirty, mouldy and well used. "Pool' a tiny joke in a bricked in terrace with a few sun loungers strewn around.

Very glad we only stayed one night before moving elsewhere. After those 16hrs all our clothes reeked of damp and I'd developed a cough. Honestly, get anywhere else, this building should be condemned!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank Chris M
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was clean and convenient to everything . The lady who checked us in on 2/13 was excellent and gave us all the information that we needed to enjoy old San Juan . They also had a very good breakfast! Would stay there again!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Jpearl6416
Orillia, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

We got a great deal for the room on our first stay. We went on a cruise and stayed before and after the cruise. I reserved 2 rooms, one of us and one for our friends. I guess in greed and to book more rooms, the moved us together in a suite. If they were family it wouldn't have been so bad, but with one very small bathroom it's not the best. We were told that we were the last ones in and that one of our room had water leak so they moved us to a suite together. At 23:00 we believed this was true, yet we seen more people checking in after we did. The person on the next day was very helpful and the room wasn't that bad. We reserved 2 rooms 3 months earlier, we expect to have what we asked for. Coming back from the cruise it took us an hour and a half to check in. Never seen a lady as confused as the person that was working. I did write Comfort inn and was going to let them have the chance to comment on our experience, but after 9 days, I didn't even get the decency of a response. I would stay their again, it was clean, area is close to everything. But don't expect much if you get the wrong person at check in,

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends