“It's not much, but hey--a free drink”
Review of Don Q Rum

Don Q Rum
Ranked #139 of 203 things to do in San Juan
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I went on an afternoon in June 2013. I walked around and read the displays. They're in Spanish and English. I was trying to practice my Spanish, so I read those. I think most people just come in and pretend to read for about 30 seconds and go get their free drink. I had a Pasion (Passionfruit) and pineapple juice. Delicious. They don't hard sell you. The rum is for sale, but it's cheaper next door at the drugstore, which I found amusing.

4  Thank Esteban W

Reviewed April 1, 2013

This small mini museum captures the essence and history of Don Q. You can learn about, drink and purchase Don Q there. We had the place to ourselves (first thing in the morning), so were able to take advantage of a couple of different drinks.
No visit to Old San Juan is complete without a visit to Casa Don Q.

1  Thank h20andsunlovers
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Visited with my Girlfriend since we were staying right next door at the Sheraton Old San Juan. Inside there are displays behind glass and descriptions of the entire process for making Don Q rum. There's also a little camera and computer screen that you can take a picture with, select a Don Q themed background and send a picture to an email address with - corny but fun... in a touristy way.

The bar had two bartenders when we went, and will serve (I believe) one drink per person. Their mojitos come from the pre-packaged Don Q mojito mix, but their Pina Coladas come from a slushee type machine. Both tasted pretty good. And last but not least, you can buy Don Q rum and memorabilia.

Overall, a pretty cool small space, with a bar that gives free drinks (awesome) located in convenient location in Old San Juan.

3  Thank LaddyHH
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We decided to compare Bacardi to the local Don Q and read about this shop which has a bit of history about Don Q Rum and lots of souvenirs. They do offer one free sample which is nice, but there's not really much here. I wouldn't go out of my way for it, but it might be a good way to pass some time in Old San Juan while you're waiting.

2  Thank Stacie D