“Not the same as the shop at the pier”
Review of Don Q Rum Factory

Don Q Rum Factory
Ranked #75 of 128 Tours in San Juan
Detroit, Michigan
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Not the same as the shop at the pier”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I think people are confusing this with the shop near the pier (Paseo de los veteranos Puertorriquenos, San Juan 00901, Puerto Rico). Based on reviews here, I went to the shop, but as I went to write my review, I realized that the Factory and shop are two different places. I wanted to mention it so that others don't make the same mistake.

Visited December 2012
7 Thank Stacie D

San Juan
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“very cool spot in OSJ”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

This rum "nook" has a great home in OSJ. It's not such a hassle to get to as the bacardi rum factory AND they still have the free drinks. that's a win win to me =) You can learn about Don Q as well, which is the TRUE rum drink of locals here on the island (as opposed to the more highly popular "gringo" rum...which is cuban by roots...Bacardi brand).

Visited November 2012
5 Thank FlavorsOfSanJuan
186 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 102 helpful votes
“Tour”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

The tour is very good the taste is excellent . Everyone should visit one of the rum factories in PR.

1 Thank Maritza G
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Free Drink”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The place is small but if you want to buy glasses or shirts with their logo, this is the place. We bought a couple of glasses for our bar and they gave us 2 free drinks made with don Q!

Visited December 2011
2 Thank Akira V
San German, Puerto Rico
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Q”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Not much to see good story history ,smell strong not what I expected producs expensive well im not muche of rum drinker for the years of history of the serrales fam I expected more

Visited March 2012