“Great Small Bites”

Ranked #81 of 1,060 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Puerto Rican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Moist and buttery Mofongos with your choice of chicken, shrimp, churrasco or seafood. Taino Chicken in 3 Star Barrilito Rum or Creole Marinated Grilled Prime Pork Chop. Deep Fried Red Snapper, Fresh Salmon Fillet, Shrimp sautéed in your choice of sauces. These are only a few of the choices that will make the choosing difficult. And keep in mind that we serve the best Sangrias in old San Juan. Reaching back to the native Taino Indians, the Spanish conquerors and the African slaves, Inarú is inspired by and pays homage to the spirit and diversity of Puerto Rican women through our rich flavors, and each artisanal dish is prepared with skill and passion.
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Stopped here for cocktails and something else. It was around noon, but we weren't really ready for a bid meal. Their shared platter was perfect for 3 with cocktails. Others ate there and their food looked really good. No articulately the fried grouper. I think we should go back. But, if not, the food and the memories of this sidewalk cafe will linger.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I've visited here 2 other times while in Old San Juan and always had a great time hanging out at the bar while my wife gambles. The bartenders and staff here are the best. They will keep you entertained, especially in the bar area. On previous visits I've eaten here and the food was fantastic. On this visit I only had appetizers which were just as good as always. The salmon with citrus appetizer was fantastic, never had salmon like that before and the local soup was perfect. They have a full bar but the best part is the fermented fruit and liquor drinks at the end of the bar. They have everything from rum, whisky, vodka and gin fermenting with cucumbers, soursop, cinnamon, coconut and a bunch of other things that I can't even remember but that make fantastic drinks whether you drink them straight up or mixed with something the bartender recommends. If you're looking for some exotic and different cocktails as well as great food you have to stop in and give this place a try. And don't be afraid to ask the bartender questions, he's very helpful, informative and a great guy.

Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

My family and I really enjoyed t
Inaru. Though wait was quite long (the waitress warned us), the food was absolutely delicious. I ordered Mofongo in creole sauce and was licking my plate afterwards! Inaru is a must go.

1  Thank grgrfr
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We began our stay in P.R. in Old San Juan and was told Raices was the place to dine. When we arrived we realized that everyone had been told the same thing. It's amazing how many locals, cab drivers, hotel staff, etc. say Raices is the place yet, when asked if they've dined there, have not! Well, we chose not to eat here and walked only a few store fronts down the street to find Inaru. The menu at Raices and Inaru are nearly the same, but the relaxed setting at Inaru called us in. What a WONDERFUL choice! The food was outstanding! We tried to select local cuisines and were pleased we did. The mofongo, ceviche, and asopao were deliciously seasoned and enjoyed by all (we shared at our table). Alex, our server, was very friendly and helpful. We would recommend this restaurant to all!

Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in to try local cuisine and was delicious food. Service was pretty good. Nice atmosphere. Decent prices. Great place to visit and eat